Thread: View what was played?

View what was played?

More than once ive lost a podcast because i like it when they auto delete after playing. My problem is how do i go back to see what was just deleted? I have 30 podcasts i listen to so i dont know which one it was from, otherwise i would go back to the download history of that specific podcast and reload it.

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by snifflewaffle View Post
    More than once ive lost a podcast because i like it when they auto delete after playing. My problem is how do i go back to see what was just deleted? I have 30 podcasts i listen to so i dont know which one it was from, otherwise i would go back to the download history of that specific podcast and reload it.
    Hello,

There is not a function for what you're looking for. The settings are meant to either delete or not delete after being played, not to log what was deleted when you ask it to delete.

Thankyou for your response Kim. Is there any kind of log that can tell "what has been played?"

The BeyondPod log used to include the title of an episode that was just deleted, but I don't think it does anymore, and it always seems to be an hour or so behind.

Frankly this is why I disabled the delete after played, too many accidental deletions if something skipped forward in my pocket.

If you go to all feeds there's an easy way to delete played manually, I just do that once a week. Not the answer you're looking for, but an option.

Personally, this is why I turn off the normal auto-delete, but I've turned on "Automatically Delete Played Episodes" (in the Advanced settings (in the three-dot menu in the main settings), then down in the "Feed Update Settings" category). That way, it doesn't delete the episodes as soon as they're done, but it does delete them automatically the next time an update runs. Between those times, the episode is still there and you can play it again if you want. I've also replaced the "skip to next" button with "skip to end" so it marks the episode as finished (and so ready to be automatically deleted in the next update). Maybe that will work for you.

The only thing that isn't nice is that after a "skip to end", you can't get back to where you were automatically. Which is really annoying. I'd really like a "mark as read and skip to next" or something.
    Last edited by adamlopresto; 09-13-2018 at 09:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by adamlopresto View Post
    Personally, this is why I turn off the normal auto-delete, but I've turned on "Automatically Delete Played Episodes" (in the Advanced settings (in the three-dot menu in the main settings), then down in the "Feed Update Settings" category). That way, it doesn't delete the episodes as soon as their done, but it does delete them automatically the next time an update runs. Between those times, the episode is still there and you can play it again if you want.
    That's amazing! I never knew that setting was there...thank you!