Thread: Smartplay doesn't update

Smartplay doesn't update

New phone, same settings. Upgraded from HTC One m9 to Samsung Galaxy 9. I have installed the beyond pod key. I set the app settings the same in both phones. My m9 downloads my podcasts every morning and puts the new episodes into my default playlist. My Samsung downloads my podcasts each morning and they sit in All Episodes until I press the +.

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Spldep6356 View Post
    New phone, same settings. Upgraded from HTC One m9 to Samsung Galaxy 9. I have installed the beyond pod key. I set the app settings the same in both phones. My m9 downloads my podcasts every morning and puts the new episodes into my default playlist. My Samsung downloads my podcasts each morning and they sit in All Episodes until I press the +.
    Hello,

Do you have the "Auto Rebuild SmartPlay" option checked on your new device?

Yes. Everything is setup the same. I can send screenshots if needed. It's not a big deal, but it is annoying.

I think I'm having the same problem on my Samsung Galaxy Note 9. Well, I don't think my auto update works, not necessarily the rebuild. I wonder if Samsung is stopping it?

SmartPlay, including Auto-rebuild, is working fine on my S9. Which version of BeyondPod are you using? I have v4.2.30, which is the latest available for me in the Play store (UK).

Sorry, I'm actually on the beta, 4.2.38?

Quote Originally Posted by AndyCr15 View Post
    I'm actually on the beta, 4.2.38?
    I admire your courage! I left the Beta program after the major fail (I think last year) when a Beta was released with a serious bug and essentially made BP unusable, as well as corrupting the backup.

Yeah, I fought through that after a roll back and waiting a good few months for them to fix that issue. Tbf it's the only real issue I've had (albeit a pretty huge one)

I am on 4.2.40. I am comforted to know that others share in my dilemma. Now if there were only a fix.