Thread: 4.2.37 won't run without switching to internal storage

4.2.37 won't run without switching to internal storage

So glad I made a backup before I installed. Switched back to 36.

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by asmalldharma View Post
    So glad I made a backup before I installed. Switched back to 36.
    Hello,

Can you please explain what you mean by "Won't run" without switching to internal storage? A lot of work was put in and thoroughly tested to make the sure all of the SD card issues were fixed in 4.2.37 and we had no issues using an SD card with this version on multiple devices.

Please give more details of what you saw with 4.2.37. What device and version of Android are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by KimW View Post
    Hello,

Can you please explain what you mean by "Won't run" without switching to internal storage? A lot of work was put in and thoroughly tested to make the sure all of the SD card issues were fixed in 4.2.37 and we had no issues using an SD card with this version on multiple devices.

Please give more details of what you saw with 4.2.37. What device and version of Android are you using?
    The app starts. It says I have to switch to internal storage. I won't do that, so the app closes when I don't proceed. I think it was a slightly different error message for 37, but here's the one for 38.
    "Configured episode download location (storage/emulated/0/files) is no longer available! If you are using an External SD card, the card may be removed, unmounted, or configured as ReadOnly. Your internal SD card (/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/mobi.beyondpod/files) is still available. Do you want to switch to use your internal SD card instead?

1) That's not even the correct download location I was using for 36.
    2) the SD card is in, mounted, and not Read Only and works for everything else. It works fine for everything else.

Moto G5S Plus running 7.1.1. Still having issues with episode runtimes not populating, as well. I have to briefly play the episodes for the app to figure out how long each episode is. Seems to happen when a feed update runs while the app is not in the foreground.

Edit: Tried again to install 38. Told it to switch to internal this time. But it didn't actually change the storage location. So I guess it's just throwing up the error message and then it doesn't actually switch anything.
    Last edited by asmalldharma; 09-20-2018 at 02:42 PM. Reason: New info

Quote Originally Posted by KimW View Post
    Hello,

The app starts. It says I have to switch to internal storage. I won't do that, so the app closes when I don't proceed. I think it was a slightly different error message for 37, but here's the one for 38.
    "Configured episode download location (storage/emulated/0/files) is no longer available! If you are using an External SD card, the card may be removed, unmounted, or configured as ReadOnly. Your internal SD card (/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/mobi.beyondpod/files) is still available. Do you want to switch to use your internal SD card instead?

1) That's not even the correct download location I was using for 36.
    2) the SD card is in, mounted, and not Read Only and works for everything else. It works fine for everything else.

Moto G5S Plus running 7.1.1. Still having issues with episode runtimes not populating, as well. I have to briefly play the episodes for the app to figure out how long each episode is. Seems to happen when a feed update runs while the app is not in the foreground.