Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: .38 version didn't run scheduled updates

.38 version didn't run scheduled updates

Today was the first day I've had the .38 version installed. I have two categories set up for scheduled updates, neither update ran this morning.

I have added BeyondPod to the list of not battery optimized apps, but I have the same problem.

Samsung Galaxy S7, Android 8.0

Same here, looks like BP isn't reading the battery voltage correctly:

9/15/18 12:31:02 PM: ScheduledTask (4.2.38) - Task BeyondPod Update category: Features, Start: 9/6/18 12:30:00 AM and repeat every 4 1.0 hours, (BPT#1319175476037) requires battery level of at least 6%! Current battery level: 0%! Task was not executed!
    Edit: This is on a ZTE Axon 7 running nougat.
    Last edited by Your Pal Dave; 09-16-2018 at 12:56 PM. Reason: Add phone info

I am seeing this on my LG G6 and HP Touchpad, both running 8.0.0. It is not updating on schedule and episode sync is not working.

Seeing the same thing here (Nexus 6P), it's not even sync'ing when plugged in to the charger. Manual sync still works.

Same here. Pixel XL running Android 9

BeyondPod Team
    Hello All,

Please send your BeyondPod and Android Logs so we can take a look at any clues as to why the updates are not running. (The support email is automatically inserted in the "To" spot when you go to email logs through BP).

Settings >> Menu Overflow (3 dot icon in top right corner) >> View Logs >> Android and BeyondPod Logs >> Menu Overflow >> Email

Please make sure to include in your email your BP Forum username as well as a brief description of your issue.
    Last edited by KimW; 09-17-2018 at 03:03 PM.

Logs sent. I also see that 0% battery message — even at the 9:14 AM scheduled sync, when it was at 100% and still plugged in.

BeyondPod Team
    Thank you for those of you who have sent in your logs for this issue. I have sent those as well as my own over to the development team to take a look.

Ver. 4.2.38: Feed update problem

I have used BeyondPod for several years and it has worked fine. However, now the nightly feed update and download of episodes usually, but not always, does not work. If I manually trigger, it works fine.

Settings:
    Device: Samsung Galaxy 8 active
    Update on Schedule: enabled
    All feeds
    Update on schedule: Checked
    Use mobile data: checked
    Download on wifi only: unchecked
    Download if charging only: unchecked
    Start at 5 AM
    Repeat every 1 hour

This problem does not appear unique to me. Is there a solution/fix?