Thread: Android 8 breaks bluetooth track information in car

Android 8 breaks bluetooth track information in car

Hi, I'm wondering if this might be related to the Android Auto issue that others have been posting about, but since I don't have Android Auto my problem might be a little different. I have a 2015 Honda Accord Touring. I had been using BeyondPod on a Moto Droid Turbo 2 running Nougat with no problems in the car for a while. I recently upgraded to a Moto Z2 Force running Oreo and since then the audio is still fine but the track information isn't displayed in the car and pause/skip doesn't work. Anyone seen anything similar or have any ideas?

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by scottwn View Post
    Hi, I'm wondering if this might be related to the Android Auto issue that others have been posting about, but since I don't have Android Auto my problem might be a little different. I have a 2015 Honda Accord Touring. I had been using BeyondPod on a Moto Droid Turbo 2 running Nougat with no problems in the car for a while. I recently upgraded to a Moto Z2 Force running Oreo and since then the audio is still fine but the track information isn't displayed in the car and pause/skip doesn't work. Anyone seen anything similar or have any ideas?
    Hello,

Do you have the "Enable Headset Button" option checked?

Yes it's checked

My 2016 Honda HRV probably uses a similar radio, I haven't been able to see track information for over a year with BeyondPod. Google Play Music works fine.

I can't remember if it happened when I upgraded to Android 8.0 (and now 9.0), or when BeyondPod changed ownership a year ago and started the new release cycle (both occurred around the same time). I've tried with and without enable headset button.

I haven't tried Google Play Music. Spotify usually works fine but sometimes it gets "stuck," where it continues to display information from a previous track even though the track changes. This Spotify behavior also started when I upgraded.