Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Notification stuck in update

Notification stuck in update

Hi,

I have recently a new problem with BeyondPod (v4.2.30) on Android 9. The notification which is shown during the daily podcast update does not disappear. It seems that the update is running through, but after that the notification is not going away. The only way of getting rid of the system notification is to manually update the feeds within the app.

Does anybody have an explanation/solution for this?

Thanks for your help
    Christoph

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by csteinlehner View Post
    Hi,

I have recently a new problem with BeyondPod (v4.2.30) on Android 9. The notification which is shown during the daily podcast update does not disappear. It seems that the update is running through, but after that the notification is not going away. The only way of getting rid of the system notification is to manually update the feeds within the app.

Does anybody have an explanation/solution for this?

Thanks for your help
    Christoph
    Hello Christoph,

This issue is fixed in the latest beta version 4.2.38. The fix will also be included in the next Production version but I do not have an ETA of when that release will happen at this time.

Hello,

the Bug was gone but is now back again in the lastest Beta 4.2.40

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by csteinlehner View Post
    Hello,

the Bug was gone but is now back again in the lastest Beta 4.2.40
    What version of Android are you using?

Android 9 Public on a pixel 2 XL

Quote Originally Posted by KimW View Post
    What version of Android are you using?
    Hi Kim, also back on my Samsung GS8, BP build .40 and Oreo 8.0.0 (August). Had been resolved through to build .39, returned since the Play Store update to .40.

BeyondPod Team
    Hello all,

Can you please send your BeyondPod and Android Logs so that the developers can take a look to see if there are any clues?

To send logs:

BP Settings>> Click Menu Overflow (3 dot icon in the top right corner of screen) >> View Logs >> Select the BeyondPod and Android Logs >> Click Menu Overflow >> Email Suppot.

Make sure to include a brief description of what issue you are having so we know which log to match to what bug. Thank you.

Also on LG g6, android 8.0.0

BeyondPod Team
    Please send logs so this can be passed along to development. See instructions in previous comment of this thread. Make sure to include a description of your issue or we will not know what bug to match them up to and they will not be passed along.

Quote Originally Posted by KimW View Post
    Hello all,

Can you please send your BeyondPod and Android Logs so that the developers can take a look to see if there are any clues?

To send logs:

BP Settings>> Click Menu Overflow (3 dot icon in the top right corner of screen) >> View Logs >> Select the BeyondPod and Android Logs >> Click Menu Overflow >> Email Suppot.

Make sure to include a brief description of what issue you are having so we know which log to match to what bug. Thank you.
    Same issue. Pixel 3 running Android 9. I sent in the logs to support.