Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 4.2.38 pauses constantly

4.2.38 pauses constantly

I'm running the beta of BeyondPod, version 4.2.38, and it pauses Very often.
    I have Pause on Notification set, but if the phone is set to Silent or Do Not Disturb, it still pauses.
    It does it if I use the built-in speaker, if I use a bluetooth headset, or if I use a bluetooth connection to the car.

In a 2 hour podcast every time I get a notification (and often when there's nothing), playback pauses. I hit play, and it pauses again 5-10 seconds later.

Because I'm on silent, the expected behaviour is that it would not pause at all.

Anyone else experience this?

OnePlus 5
    Android 8.1.0

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by jlariviere View Post
    I'm running the beta of BeyondPod, version 4.2.38, and it pauses Very often.
    I have Pause on Notification set, but if the phone is set to Silent or Do Not Disturb, it still pauses.
    It does it if I use the built-in speaker, if I use a bluetooth headset, or if I use a bluetooth connection to the car.

In a 2 hour podcast every time I get a notification (and often when there's nothing), playback pauses. I hit play, and it pauses again 5-10 seconds later.

Because I'm on silent, the expected behaviour is that it would not pause at all.

Anyone else experience this?

OnePlus 5
    Android 8.1.0
    Hello,

Please send your BeyondPod and Android Logs so we can take a look to see if there any clues to help us figure out why BP is pausing for you when not expected. (The support email is automatically inserted in the "To" spot when you go to email logs through BP).

Settings >> Menu Overflow (3 dot icon in top right corner) >> View Logs >> Android and BeyondPod Logs >> Menu Overflow >> Email

Please make sure to include in your email your BP Forum username as well as a brief description of your issue.
    Last edited by KimW; 09-17-2018 at 04:02 PM.

Sent,
    Thanks,

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by jlariviere View Post
    Sent,
    Thanks,
    Thank you! I have sent those logs to the developers to take a look at.

Ahh, maybe this is what was making mine just randomly stop playing. I didn't even notice this setting before. Never had an issue on my Pixel 2 XL, but a pain on my Note 9. Should it not start back up after the notification comes in?

BeyondPod Team
    Hello,

This has been fixed in v4.2.40 released to the playstore yesterday.

Still happening for me in 4.2.40...

Agree: not fixed in 4.2.40.

I may be wrong, but I think the random pauses happen only when I'm Casting, not when I'm playing through the audio connector. Which could be related to the fact that when I'm playing through the audio connector I more often am playing downloaded episodes. But in the car today for an hour+, playing streamed episodes worked fine.

BeyondPod Team
    Hello,

Can you please send your BeyondPod and Android Logs so that the developers can take a look?

To send logs:

BP Settings>> Click Menu Overflow (3 dot icon in the top right corner of screen) >> View Logs >> Select the BeyondPod and Android Logs >> Click Menu Overflow >> Email Suppot.

Make sure to include a brief description of what issue you are having so we know which log to match to what bug. Thank you.

Player pausing

Hi, was listening to a podcast fine on the way home. Then when I got home beyond pod updated. Since then it will only play for 4 to 10 seconds, then pause. Weird?
    Xiaomi MiA1 with Android 8.1 with latest patch. Tried a couple of restarts but still doing it....