Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: 4.2.38 pauses constantly

I tried the setting change thing, but could never get the pausing to stop. I don't think it is BT in my case. I moved over to Podcast Addict for a short time, but the playlist feature really stinks so I switched back to BP. I ended up turning off automatic updates and then downgrading to previous versions until I got to a version that worked well. I ended up at v4.2.37 and have not had any more pausing problems. BP previous versions are located here: www.beyondpod.mobi/Android/BETA/betachanges.htm. The only down side is I have to check Play store and update manually.

Yup, me too. Seems I am not alone. BeyondPod pauses by itself regularly and no other audio app does. Not Google's audio app, not BBC iPlayer or Sounds, not Audible. Just BeyondPod.

I have just turned off the "Pause on notification" to see if it makes a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by JulesCC View Post
    Yup, me too. Seems I am not alone. BeyondPod pauses by itself regularly and no other audio app does. Not Google's audio app, not BBC iPlayer or Sounds, not Audible. Just BeyondPod.

I have just turned off the "Pause on notification" to see if it makes a difference.
    Short 30min experience confirms it make no difference. Oh and my podcasts are stored on the device and not on the SD card.

Same issue. Verizon Samsung Note 9 running Android 9, with v4.2.41. Pauses every 60 seconds. Looking forward to development fixing this, as I'm missing a lot of content.

Quote Originally Posted by super62 View Post
    Same issue. Verizon Samsung Note 9 running Android 9, with v4.2.41. Pauses every 60 seconds. Looking forward to development fixing this, as I'm missing a lot of content.
    Is your pausing happenign regularly every 60 seconds? Predictably?

Mine isn't. Sometimes it will play an entire podcast without a glitch, other times it has paused 4 times in less than a minute. Its a PITA but due to the nature of the bluetooth headphones I have it just means a tap to restart. More of a problem when I am playing a podcast whilst showering.

BeyondPod Team
    Hello All,

Is everyone who is experiencing/reporting the pausing on Android 9? Also, what device(s) are you using?
    Last edited by KimW; 04-30-2019 at 11:47 AM.

BeyondPod Team
    After some research, this seems to be a universal problem with samsung devices:

https://community.soundcloud.com/and...ndroid-7354101

https://community.spotify.com/t5/And...1334731#M58553

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/...sung-galaxy-s3

Development has suggested that it might be worth following some of the troubleshooting steps other companies have given for Samsung users, and seeing if they resolve any of these issues. However; they are still concerned, because a large number of users seem to have claimed that these issues started after a particular update to BeyondPod. It's likely that there could be multiple causes for this bug so development is still working through to find a specific cause in BeyondPod that may be contributing to the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by KimW View Post
    After some research, this seems to be a universal problem with samsung devices:
    I'm not on Samsung (Oneplus 6t), same issue though.

I'm experiencing random pauses in podcast playback using my Samsung Galaxy S7 (running Android 7.0) and Sony bluetooth headset (have been using this combo for over a year, but the random pauses only started in the last 2 weeks), running BeyondPod 4.2.41. Sometimes the pauses are several minutes apart, sometimes less than 1 min apart. Obviously this degrades the podcast listening experience.

Unwanted Pauses

Quote Originally Posted by bp5 View Post
    I'm experiencing random pauses in podcast playback using my Samsung Galaxy S7 (running Android 7.0) and Sony bluetooth headset (have been using this combo for over a year, but the random pauses only started in the last 2 weeks), running BeyondPod 4.2.41. Sometimes the pauses are several minutes apart, sometimes less than 1 min apart. Obviously this degrades the podcast listening experience.
    Same here, Samsung Galaxy S8, Android 9, Huawei AM61 Buetooth headset. Problems started some weeks ago.