Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: 4.2.38 pauses constantly

Quote Originally Posted by Pitprops View Post
    Ok I've resolved it. A change to my phones power management was killing the app when it wasnt 'active'
    What change did you make? I've been struggling with this for weeks now and I'm losing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pitprops View Post
    Ok I've resolved it. A change to my phones power management was killing the app when it wasnt 'active'
    Killed the app as in you have to restart it?

That would be very different from what most here are experiencing, which is unintended pauses during playback.

That said, power management might play a role in the problem because I can run v4.2.41 just fine on my Samsung Galaxy Tab running Android 5, but have the pausing issue with the same version of BP on my Samsung Galaxy S7 running Android 7. Android 6 was when Android overhauled power management and introduced more power saving features.
    Last edited by bp5; 05-30-2019 at 06:41 AM.

Issue still here. Uninstalled BeyondPod after about 10 years. Sorry, installed PocketCasts, bye :-(

I have a Samsung S9+. So I was having the pausing issue in my car and then came into work where I use bluetooth headphones and BP was pausing ever few minutes. I was doing some searching and apparently the problem is Android Battery Optimization and putting apps running in the background to sleep. If you go into your settings, and then battery, then settings, then Sleeping Apps. There will be a list of apps that are put to sleep if they are running in the background. I found BeyondPod on the list. You can choose it and then click on the delete button to remove BP from the list. I am now not currently having a problem with BP running of the bluetooth headphones. I will report back if its still having a problem in the car.

Update: This also fixes the problem pausing issue I was having in the car. At this point I am having no issues at all with the app once I removed it from the Sleeping Apps list.
    Last edited by vch0920; 07-15-2019 at 10:54 AM.