Thread: 4.3.8 , Android 4.4.153 , Problem downloading specific podcast

4.3.8 , Android 4.4.153 , Problem downloading specific podcast

http://feeds.feedburner.com/TheAdamCarollaPodcast

When attempting to download an episode from that feed, after a little bit Android pops up with "BeyondPod isn't responding, Close App, Wait, Send Feedback".
    At this point, this is the only podcast out of my ~75 that has this problem. It feels like it's an SSL issue with one of the sites in the middle between feedproxy.google.com and the mp3 for the episode.

(To see this, on a box with wget, do a wget on an episode).

As a test, I installed PocketCasts and it is able to download the podcasts, further adding to my feeling that it's an SSL issue between BeyondPod and a site in the middle there.

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by relapse98 View Post
    http://feeds.feedburner.com/TheAdamCarollaPodcast

When attempting to download an episode from that feed, after a little bit Android pops up with "BeyondPod isn't responding, Close App, Wait, Send Feedback".
    At this point, this is the only podcast out of my ~75 that has this problem. It feels like it's an SSL issue with one of the sites in the middle between feedproxy.google.com and the mp3 for the episode.

(To see this, on a box with wget, do a wget on an episode).

As a test, I installed PocketCasts and it is able to download the podcasts, further adding to my feeling that it's an SSL issue between BeyondPod and a site in the middle there.
    Hello,

Issues with this feed have been reported by other users as well. The development team is currently working to get that feed fixed. Looks like there is an error with the feed url. Thank you for reporting.

Quote Originally Posted by KimW View Post
    Hello,

Issues with this feed have been reported by other users as well. The development team is currently working to get that feed fixed. Looks like there is an error with the feed url. Thank you for reporting.
    I'm very interested in hearing what the problem is since it works with other podcast apps on the same device. It would seem to be a problem with the way beyondpod is handling the ssl. So it may be more widespread if other podcasts go through the same intermediary URL.