Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 4.2.38 pauses constantly

this fixed my pixel 2 pause issue:
    https://podcastaddict.uservoice.com/...very-x-seconds

Quote Originally Posted by sutch View Post
    I did that a while ago for other reasons, and haven't had the constant pausing others have had. I do wonder if that's at least a workaround for now.

I still get random stops on bluetooth (like after a call ends it doesn't always resume) even with battery optimization off.

BP Constantly Pausing on Bluetooth Headset in Car

Whenever I enter my car whilst wearing my Bluetooth headset BP pauses. When I un pause BP it plays for a few seconds before pausing once more. This becomes incredibly annoying and does not happen with Spotify, RocketPlayer, Phone Calls etc. so must be something contained within BP. This behavior even continues after I have left the car. The only action that resolves the issue is to reboot the phone after I have left the car. If it helps I have attached my log files.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by phalkon30 View Post
    I did that a while ago for other reasons, and haven't had the constant pausing others have had. I do wonder if that's at least a workaround for now.

I still get random stops on bluetooth (like after a call ends it doesn't always resume) even with battery optimization off.
    Agreed. It helped, but didn't fully solve the
    issue

Turning off pause on bluetooth disconnect has eliminated the pause issue, but it's disturbing that the audio doesn't cut if bluetooth is disconnecting.
    Last edited by wholly; 12-07-2018 at 08:11 PM. Reason: typo

Pause on disconnect?

Quote Originally Posted by wholly View Post
    Turning off pause on bluetooth disconnect has eliminated the pause issue, but it's disturbing that the audio doesn't cut if bluetooth is disconnecting.
    I don't see this as an option on Pixel 2

I've noticed it pauses when I change WiFi networks if that helps...

I have 4.2.41 and episodes pause after EXACTLY 29 seconds from the start of EVERY podcast. No randomness involved, so it can't be notifications. I am using all local media and SmartPlay to auto-generate playlists. Android 8.0.0 on a Galaxy S8. Android just updated yesterday but no luck, the pause issue has been happening since October.

I discovered a painful workaround:
    I was able to uninstall BP v4.2.41 and install v4.2.39 and the issue did not reappear. I was overjoyed... until Google Play updated it automatically before I could turn off auto-updates. The backups for 4.2.41 do not work when rolling back to 4.2.37, and it took me two hours to reconfigure it. Luckily I took a backup of 4.2.37 so that should cut down the time needed to reconfigure again. Rolling back once again until this is fixed!
    [update, the rollback version is 4.2.37]
    Last edited by RandyB; 12-18-2018 at 04:20 PM.

4.2.41 pauses when a bluetooth device tries to connect

I knew this was a long-standing issue, but it wasn't generally a problem for me as I didn't used to have devices making occasional connections to my phone.

I just got a Motiv ring which reaches out to my phone every so often to update the app with my stats. Each time it does so BeyondPod pauses my podcast. I've checked the Motiv app and sure enough, each pause coincides with the app reporting that my ring has synced "just now."

I don't want to disable pause on bluetooth disconnect because I listen to podcasts in the car. Has this issue been identified and is there a fix on the way?

I have a Pixel 2XL, bought via Google directly with the latest OS. I do NOT want to go back to Betas. Those caused me even more headaches.

Suddenly started pausing my podcasts every 1 minute or so

My Galaxy S9 did just recently update to android 9.0 so not sure if this is related but over the past week after years of use, BP pauses my podcasts every 30secs to 1 minute.

I have tried disabling battery optimization to no avail. I tried downloading instead of streaming so I know that's now the issue.

I am using Bluetooth.

Any ideas?