Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 4.2.38 pauses constantly

It doesn't show for me as an update

Quote Originally Posted by AndyCr15 View Post
    It doesn't show for me as an update
    http://www.beyondpod.mobi/Android/BETA/

It's a staged rollout, I imagine if you're signed up in the play store it will roll out to you at some point, but for now it's just on their website.

For what it's worth I submitted a log this morning for a new bug (notification player keeps coming back after quitting app), but I'm still happy on this version. It did pause once on me while listening last night, but I'm not sure what caused that.

BeyondPod Team
    This bug has been fixed in 4.2.41.

The 4.2.41 version was released to our BP Beta channel yesterday (which can be found here: http://www.beyondpod.mobi/Android/BETA/) and it was also submitted to the Google Play Store (BETA) this morning, so it should be available on there very shortly.

We anticipate to push this version to Production by EOD tomorrow (Friday 10/19/18).

I look forward to trying it.

In 4.2.4 I have encountered a weird, but highly replicable behavior. If I leave my phone in my (home) office, playing, and walk about 20-25' to the front door, and open the door, BP pauses. This happens with 100% consistency. I can only theorize that this is related to wifi. I have a home wifi, but my phone also gets an optimumwifi signal. I'm guessing that opening the door improves that signal, and the phone is reacting to that in some way, which is then causing BP to pause improperly. I figured I'd add this here in case it helps the devs.

Quote Originally Posted by ender7 View Post
    I look forward to trying it.

In 4.2.4 I have encountered a weird, but highly replicable behavior. If I leave my phone in my (home) office, playing, and walk about 20-25' to the front door, and open the door, BP pauses. This happens with 100% consistency. I can only theorize that this is related to wifi. I have a home wifi, but my phone also gets an optimumwifi signal. I'm guessing that opening the door improves that signal, and the phone is reacting to that in some way, which is then causing BP to pause improperly. I figured I'd add this here in case it helps the devs.
    Are you streaming or playing downloaded episodes? If streaming, you may have disabled the ability to stream while using cellular data, so if you leave or get weak wifi it pauses.

Quote Originally Posted by phalkon30 View Post
    Are you streaming or playing downloaded episodes? If streaming, you may have disabled the ability to stream while using cellular data, so if you leave or get weak wifi it pauses.
    No, I'm not streaming, this is all local media.

In any case, the phone is connected to my home wifi the whole time, a very strong 5G connection. The phone isn't switching to the optimumwifi network either. All I'm doing is opening the front door, but that's the only reasonable thing I can think of that the phone might be responding to, which BP is then being interrupted by.

I get this when I start moving also. If I'm on the bus listening and then get off and start walking it will pause, I have to restart, it will pause again a minute or two later, and then work normally

Still having issue on .41

Quote Originally Posted by Tristanp View Post
    Settings-player settings-automatic pause or resume uncheck pause on headset disconnect. Fixed issue
    I have .41 and am having the pausing issue still. The unchecking pause on headset disconnect fixed the problem, but this is super annoying since I now have to manually pause in my car before i get out. A fix for this would be a huge help.

I have also had problems with the beta version of BeyondPod

I am experiencing frequent pauses on the new .41 release. Pixel 2xl. I will send logs.