Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 74

Thread: 4.2.38 pauses constantly

  1. #61
    I just downloaded Pocket Casts, Podcast Addict, Player FM, Podcast Go and Podcast Player. I chose Player FM as BP replacement. Also longtime user from days of Windows Mobile. Sorry but the pause problem is on every phone running Oreo or Pie. I just got tired of dealing with it. I even tried going back to 4.2.18 but that wouldn't run at all on my Pixel 2 XL.

    Something is very wrong at BeyondPod. If these five Podcasting apps can run without pausing issues (I tried them all and they don't have the issue) BP team should have been able to fix this years ago.

  2. #62
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by RandyB View Post
    I ended up turning off automatic updates and then downgrading to previous versions until I got to a version that worked well. I ended up at v4.2.37 and have not had any more pausing problems. BP previous versions are located here: www.beyondpod.mobi/Android/BETA/betachanges.htm.
    Thanks for the link. I tried 4.2.37, and it was nice to listen to a podcast all the way through without random pauses. But the next day, the app wouldn't fully launch, even after power cycling the phone. I then moved down to 4.2.36 and that seems to be working fine as of now - no unexpected pauses and the app launches reliably (as of 24 hours after installation).

  3. #63
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    4
    Hi
    Running version 4.2.41 - the player stops during a podcast. I have changed the settings back to the defaults. I need to press play ever time. It happens a number of times through the podcast. it is also intermittent. I have tesed other pdocast players with the same podcast and this does not happen. Using a Pixel 3XL, no sdcard so no corruption here. suggestions?

  4. #64
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    223
    Go to an older version before they broke it. Look at the post directly before you...it has a link and a version that worked for someone else.

  5. #65
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    6
    The pausing problem has gotten worse.

    1) BeyondPod pauses ever more frequently, it seems.
    2) Where previously I could restart it from my Bluetooth headphones by double tapping, this no longer works.

    I am disappointed that this has gone on for so long and I hope it gets resolved, but for the time being BP is unworkable for me so I will try out another Podcast client. BP was great while it lasted.

  6. #66
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by bp5 View Post
    Thanks for the link. I tried 4.2.37, and it was nice to listen to a podcast all the way through without random pauses. But the next day, the app wouldn't fully launch, even after power cycling the phone. I then moved down to 4.2.36 and that seems to be working fine as of now - no unexpected pauses and the app launches reliably (as of 24 hours after installation).
    Just to follow up, I've been using v4.2.36 for 2 weeks now and it works great.

  7. #67
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by bp5 View Post
    Just to follow up, I've been using v4.2.36 for 2 weeks now and it works great.
    I am on v4.2.41, and regularly update my apps. Still a problem.

  8. #68
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    2

    Beyond pod continually pauses playback

    Since an update I have a problem where BP frequently pauses playback. It doesn't seem to matter whether I am using headphones or my phone speaker. It plays for about 30 to 60 seconds then stops. Any help or advice gratefully received.

  9. #69
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by dsteinschneider View Post
    I just downloaded Pocket Casts, Podcast Addict, Player FM, Podcast Go and Podcast Player. I chose Player FM as BP replacement. Also longtime user from days of Windows Mobile. Sorry but the pause problem is on every phone running Oreo or Pie. I just got tired of dealing with it. I even tried going back to 4.2.18 but that wouldn't run at all on my Pixel 2 XL.

    Something is very wrong at BeyondPod. If these five Podcasting apps can run without pausing issues (I tried them all and they don't have the issue) BP team should have been Bluestacks Kodi Lucky Patcher able to fix this years ago
    .
    completely agreed with you ,
    for me , i downloaded Podcast Go and Podcast Player but not Player FM
    Last edited by rossi; 05-28-2019 at 03:19 AM.

  10. #70
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    2
    Ok I've resolved it. A change to my phones power management was killing the app when it wasnt 'active'

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •