Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 4.2.38 pauses constantly

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by jmflu View Post
    My Galaxy S9 did just recently update to android 9.0 so not sure if this is related but over the past week after years of use, BP pauses my podcasts every 30secs to 1 minute.

I have tried disabling battery optimization to no avail. I tried downloading instead of streaming so I know that's now the issue.

I am using Bluetooth.

Any ideas?
    Hello,

This is a known issue that development is working on a fix for. Unfortunately, I do not yet have an ETA for a new release from them yet. I will be updating users when I do have that information from development.

I am merging this thread with the existing thread for this issue: http://www.beyondpod.com/forum/showt...ses-constantly

Pixel 3 running 4.2.41 on Android 9

Beyondpod pauses when connected to bluetooth. Sometimes it pauses a LOT, like twice a minute. Sometimes it barely pauses at all. The pausing behavior has been observed with many bluetooth connections, from the car to Alexa to a bluetooth speaker. It really interferes with my ability to use the app.

Exactly the same issue

Quote Originally Posted by ender7 View Post
    Pixel 3 running 4.2.41 on Android 9

Beyondpod pauses when connected to bluetooth. Sometimes it pauses a LOT, like twice a minute. Sometimes it barely pauses at all. The pausing behavior has been observed with many bluetooth connections, from the car to Alexa to a bluetooth speaker. It really interferes with my ability to use the app.
    I have the exact same config and issue as this user. Ironically this has never happened to me until very recently. It pauses in the car, with a BT speaker, etc. Strange.

4.2.41 android 9 update and Bluetooth pausing

My device just received the Android 9 update and now Bluetooth playback is pausing randomly. Feels similar to the issue before v4.2.41 fixed the playback pausing when the device was on Android 8.
    Verizon Samsung Note 9, Android 9.0

Quote Originally Posted by KimW View Post
    Hello,

This is a known issue that development is working on a fix for. Unfortunately, I do not yet have an ETA for a new release from them yet. I will be updating users when I do have that information from development.

I am merging this thread with the existing thread for this issue: http://www.beyondpod.com/forum/showt...ses-constantly
    Any update on when this issue is expected to be resolved?

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan158 View Post
    Any update on when this issue is expected to be resolved?
    Hello Dan,

Unfortunately, development has not given an estimated date of when to expect the next release with the fixes they are currently working on. Once that information is available, I will update in the forum.

I am also experiencing constant pausing, but only (or at least primarily) in one physical location. I think it might be an interaction with other Bluetooth devices. For example, my CPAP machine connects to my phone through Bluetooth and is in the location where I experience constant pausing.

I sent my logs in last year.

I am able to stop the pausing by clearing all data and the cache in the Bluetooth app in app manager, but the problem returns when I add my CPAP or/and other Bluetooth devices.

The problem doesn't effect Audible or other sound players that I have tried.

I hope this helps to diagnose the problem.

Have a great day! 😁

Speculative

Update:

Last night, I sent the logs as requested in the first post.

Also, I changed one setting in Menu > Settings > Player Settings > Automatic Pause or Resume > Pause on Headset Disconnect
    This setting 'Pause on Headset Disconnect' was checked, and I unchecked it (took the check mark out of the box)

I have not experienced the constant / random pausing, since I unchecked this box.

As a possible theory, as to what may be occurring in my case:
    1) proximity to my CPAP machine and/or the Dreamapper app may be causing random / constant disconnects for other Bluetooth devices.
    2) The 'Pause on Headset Disconnect' setting/functionality in BeyondPod does exactly as it is designed to do, and pauses the playback.

I hope this helps.

Speculative

Tonight, I discovered the setting that you note 'Pause on Headset Disconnect'
    Under Menu > Settings > Player Settings > Automatic Pause or Resume > Pause on Headset Disconnect was checked, set to Yes.
    When I unchecked this box, BeyondPod stopped pausing continuously.
    In my case, I think an unrelated Bluetooth device, not my headset, was constantly polling (connecting and disconnecting).

In your case, the Podcast may continue to play through the phone's speakers when you disconnect from the car. :-(

Tonight, I discovered a setting that has stopped the constant (what I thought was random) pause on Bluetooth headset for me.
    Under Menu > Settings > Player Settings > Automatic Pause or Resume > Pause on Headset Disconnect was checked, set to Yes.
    When I unchecked this box, BeyondPod stopped pausing continuously.
    In my case, I think an unrelated Bluetooth device, not my headset, was constantly polling (connecting and disconnecting).

I hope this proves helpful for your situation as well.