Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Some podcasts just not being downloaded

Some podcasts just not being downloaded

Hi,

I only just noticed (because I'm behind in just about all of my podcasts - when do people find the time to keep up?) that some of my podcasts are not being downloaded when I do an update, while others are. A couple of ones that aren't working are:
    Planet Money: http://www.npr.org/rss/podcast.php?id=510289
    WTF: feed://www.wtfpod.com/podcast/rss

The frustrating thing is that the feed info is being downloaded, so if I go to the "All items" view I can see that there are more recent episodes that haven't been downloaded.

When I look at Edit Feed it is set to "Download Newest Episodes" and the number is set to 10.

Are there other settings that I have to check to make sure I am sending the same message to all of my podcasts. I can't find any differences with my functioning feeds.

Finally, I think BeyondPod is a great app and I've been using it for a couple of years now. It is only since this latest update that I've had this (minor) problem. Keep up the great work!

BeyondPod Team
    Based on your description, your feed should be set correctly. One way to diagnose what is going on is to run a manual update of the feed (Long pres on the feed in the list of feeds and select "Update Feed"). Once the update finishes, look at your update log (Menu > More > View Update Log) it may have information about why episodes were not downloaded.

Thanks StefanK, I didn't know that there was a log so easily accessible. I have done as you suggested and it gives the following output:

Feed Processing Details
    WTF with Marc Maron Podcast
    New Podcasts: 0, Download Max: 10, Keep Max: 99

Feed Download Details
    No feeds were Updated

This is despite the fact that there are two episodes marked as unread and which have not been downloaded before (I know that BeyondPod knows this because it gives me a "Download" option, rather than "Re-Download"). So why won't it download episodes of this feed even though it downloaded episodes from other feeds when I updated them all?

I've had the same problem going on lately. I have to manually go into several of my podcasts and download episodes one at a time on my own.
    Owner - http://www.soulhamsters.com - Your home for R&D, parts specials, and community fun with fellow Kia Soul owners.
    Look me up on Xbox Live - TEH RED ZMAN

Any help as of yet?

The problem sure isn't going away. I keep getting both episodes I HAVE listened to and ones I haven't downloaded yet being pushed into the Archive area.

Pain to go in and get rid of that, just to download some more.
    Owner - http://www.soulhamsters.com - Your home for R&D, parts specials, and community fun with fellow Kia Soul owners.
    Look me up on Xbox Live - TEH RED ZMAN

I'm having the same/similar problem, so I wanted to get my US$0.02 in. In my case, the "new" episodes show up in the list, but they are not marked as new, and the "re-download" option is shown. I can tap "re-download", and the episode will download fine.

I have exactly the same problem. The update clearly shows that new episodes are available for my feeds, but it doesn't download them, despite having set the feed options to "Download Newest Episodes".

BeyondPod Team
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    What does the update log say when the issue occurs?

To see it press Menu | More ... | View Update Log. Once you're viewing it, you can press Menu again too, which will give you the option to email it (to Support or yourself).

Julie

So for today I get for all my feeds that the update was completed, but in the feed processing details it says it didn't find any new podcasts, although the individual feed lists clearly show that new episodes are available for download (which I can do manually by tapping on them).

Here's an example of what I get in the log for one podcast:

Feed Update Details
    Completed - Podcast 1
    Url: http://podcast1URL
    Downloaded: 34058, starting at position: 0 took: 362 mSec. at 91.88 KB/Sec
    Content Size: 4636. Cache Size: 34043
    Content Date: Fri Nov 02 12:18:52 CET 2012. Cache Date: Fri Nov 02 09:05:48 CET 2012
    Feed has Image: Yes, image downloaded: Yes
    Content Compression: gzip compressed

Feed Processing Details
    Podcast 1
    New Podcasts: 0, Download Max: 5, Keep Max: 999

Feed Download Details
    No feeds were Updated

Me too...

Also having this issue on a Samsung Galaxy SIII, BP 3.0.39.

I'm also finding that a lot of episodes will appear to download, but then show up without a running time and are not playable. Could this be related?