Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 4.2.40 Now crashes on load "Binary XML file line #37: Error inflating class fragment"

4.2.40 Now crashes on load "Binary XML file line #37: Error inflating class fragment"

When loading the error message is:

###

BeyondPod failed to start!

Binary XML file line #37: Error inflating class fragment

BeyondPod will now Exit!

###

BeyondPod ver 4.2.40
    Android 4.4.2

It was working yesterday. :/

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by taky View Post
    When loading the error message is:

###

BeyondPod failed to start!

Binary XML file line #37: Error inflating class fragment

BeyondPod will now Exit!

###

BeyondPod ver 4.2.40
    Android 4.4.2

It was working yesterday. :/
    Hello,

BeyondPod no longer supports Android Versions 4.4 and below. (This happened a few beta releases back) You will need to either update your version of Android if you can, or you will need to revert back to a previous version of BP that still supported Android 4.4 and below. http://www.beyondpod.mobi/Android/BETA/betachanges.htm

how does one "revert?"

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by ANosal View Post
    how does one "revert?"
    You will want to use the link I left in my last comment to download one of the previous version apk.

Quote Originally Posted by KimW View Post
    you will need to revert back to a previous version of BP that still supported Android 4.4 and below.
    Which one is the last beta that supports Kitkat then? since you decided to drop support for Kitkat which is the android version with the highest market penetration among everything in the WHOLE android universe..

Previous version install not solving problem

You will want to use the link I left in my last comment to download one of the previous version apk.
    I also just started getting the error we BeyondPod crashes on startup. I uninstalled BeyondPod in Google play, downloaded the previous apk, clicked on install (received successful install message), clicked open, and I got the same crash and error as in OP. I tried this with versions 4.2.39, as well as 38, 37, and 36. None worked.

I expected it to as I noticed that BeyondPod had been recently updated before the crash/error. Does my unlock key have anything to do with this not working? Do I need to restart the phone or something to make the uninstall/reinstall work?

I have Android 4.4.4, for at least a few more months.

I've been a loyal customer of BeyondPod for years (wondering why I use a different podcatcher than the rest of the universe, yet happy with this app). That said, this is a really crummy move on BP's part (especially without notice), and I won't want to go long without podcasts on my phone.

The change notes for 4.2.25 say it dropped support, so looks like 4.2.19 is your last working version. I saw someone else say they could get a newer version, but I don't remember which.

Honestly I'd probably just go back to 4.2.18, which was stable for a long time before the wrecking ball came through this app.

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by rms View Post
    Which one is the last beta that supports Kitkat then? since you decided to drop support for Kitkat which is the android version with the highest market penetration among everything in the WHOLE android universe..
    BP users on KitKat make up 0.8% of our users base. As Android updates their operating system, we must update as well. It was not in the best interest of development and productivity to keep supporting out of date Android versions.

You can revert back to the last version that worked on your device before the most recent update to 4.2.40. Some users have gone back to 4.2.30 with no issues or 4.2.18. http://www.beyondpod.mobi/Android/BETA/betachanges.htm

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Sixteenkats View Post
    I also just started getting the error we BeyondPod crashes on startup. I uninstalled BeyondPod in Google play, downloaded the previous apk, clicked on install (received successful install message), clicked open, and I got the same crash and error as in OP. I tried this with versions 4.2.39, as well as 38, 37, and 36. None worked.

I expected it to as I noticed that BeyondPod had been recently updated before the crash/error. Does my unlock key have anything to do with this not working? Do I need to restart the phone or something to make the uninstall/reinstall work?

I have Android 4.4.4, for at least a few more months.

I've been a loyal customer of BeyondPod for years (wondering why I use a different podcatcher than the rest of the universe, yet happy with this app). That said, this is a really crummy move on BP's part (especially without notice), and I won't want to go long without podcasts on my phone.
    You can revert back to the last version that worked on your device before the most recent update to 4.2.40. Some users have gone back to 4.2.30 with no issues or 4.2.18. http://www.beyondpod.mobi/Android/BETA/betachanges.htm

That worked. Thank you!