Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 4.2.39 does not pause audio for notifications

BeyondPod Team
    Hello All,

Users were having issues with constant pausing in v4.2.38 so development put in a code for 4.2.39 to "duck" audio instead of pausing whenever possible however it should still be pausing for notifications and phone calls, etc. I will speak with development about this.

Quote Originally Posted by KimW View Post
    Hello All,

Users were having issues with constant pausing in v4.2.38 so development put in a code for 4.2.39 to "duck" audio instead of pausing whenever possible however it should still be pausing for notifications and phone calls, etc. I will speak with development about this.
    Never had an issue in 38...this update never pauses for notifications or calls. Why would anyone want their podcast to continue playing under a phone call? That makes no sense.

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by dagactor View Post
    Never had an issue in 38...this update never pauses for notifications or calls. Why would anyone want their podcast to continue playing under a phone call? That makes no sense.
    As I mentioned previously, there were users who had issues with .38 and pausing at times that were not suppose to. I also mentioned that the 'ducking' was only suppose to happen on certain instances but NOT for certain notifications and phone calls which is why I am speaking with development about it to get it working properly.

Quote Originally Posted by KimW View Post
    As I mentioned previously, there were users who had issues with .38 and pausing at times that were not suppose to. I also mentioned that the 'ducking' was only suppose to happen on certain instances but NOT for certain notifications and phone calls which is why I am speaking with development about it to get it working properly.
    Great, thank you so much!

BeyondPod Team
    Hello,

This has been fixed in v4.2.40 released to the playstore yesterday.

With the new version (.40) the audio pauses for phone calls but not for notifications.

It doesn't pause during maps directions either, which it used to

Quote Originally Posted by fischy667 View Post
    With the new version (.40) the audio pauses for phone calls but not for notifications.
    I can confirm this, easiest test I've tried is to play a youtube video while BP is playing. It should pause BP and play youtube, but it plays both over each other.

Was working in .38, broken in 39 and 40.

BeyondPod Team
    Hello,

Can you please send your BeyondPod and Android Logs so that the developers can take a look? BP should be pausing for things like phone calls, navigation, etc. The developers implemented audio "ducking" (lower BP volume by 70%) but this should not happen with things such as calls, navigation, youtube, etc.

To send logs:

BP Settings>> Click Menu Overflow (3 dot icon in the top right corner of screen) >> View Logs >> Select the BeyondPod and Android Logs >> Click Menu Overflow >> Email Suppot.

Make sure to include a brief description of what issue you are having so we know which log to match to what bug. Thank you.

Logs sent. It now ducks volume during navigation prompts, which is even worse... Now I can't even *try* to make out what the podcast was saying over all of Google's superfluous navigation prompts. (Yeah, Google, just because I started navigation from home doesn't mean I need prompts telling me how to get out of my neighborhood, thanks.)