Thread: Pause on unplug headset not working anymore

Pause on unplug headset not working anymore

Just received the upgrade to 4.2.40 and the player doesn't pause anymore when I unplug my headset. It does still work on other players so it's not a hardware problem. I toggled the relevant checkbox in the settings: no difference.

Huawei Mate 9, Android 7.0, 3.5mm jack wired headset.

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Bart View Post
    Just received the upgrade to 4.2.40 and the player doesn't pause anymore when I unplug my headset. It does still work on other players so it's not a hardware problem. I toggled the relevant checkbox in the settings: no difference.

Huawei Mate 9, Android 7.0, 3.5mm jack wired headset.
    Hello Bart,

Development has been informed of this and they are collecting logs to help give clues into the issue. Could you please send your BeyondPod and Android Logs so those can be passed along to development?

To send logs:

BP Settings>> Click Menu Overflow (3 dot icon in the top right corner of screen) >> View Logs >> Select the BeyondPod and Android Logs >> Click Menu Overflow >> Email Suppot.

Make sure to include a brief description of what issue you are having as well as your BP Forum username, so we know which log to match to what bug. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by KimW View Post
    Hello Bart,

Development has been informed of this and they are collecting logs to help give clues into the issue. Could you please send your BeyondPod and Android Logs so those can be passed along to development?

To send logs:

BP Settings>> Click Menu Overflow (3 dot icon in the top right corner of screen) >> View Logs >> Select the BeyondPod and Android Logs >> Click Menu Overflow >> Email Suppot.

Make sure to include a brief description of what issue you are having as well as your BP Forum username, so we know which log to match to what bug. Thank you.
    OK, I tried to do that. I was able to send my BeyondPod log, but when I try to send the Android log I just get a blank screen...

Also, I noticed that when I'm listening on my wired headset in the car and I step out of the car and lock the doors the players stops playing. This must be because the phone is also connected to Bluetooth (but I'm listening on the wired headset which overrides Bluetooth audio playback, as it should). This didn't use to be the case (it would keep on playing). So it almost seems the Bluetooth controls have gotten mixed up the headset controls.

Thanks for picking this up so quickly!

Quote Originally Posted by KimW View Post
    Hello Bart,

To send logs:

I managed to send the BeyondPod log, but not the Android Log (just got a blank screen when I tried that)...

Also, I noticed that when I listen in the car using a wired headset BeyondPod stops playing when I lock the car and the phone disconnects from Bluetooth. Before, the audio would continue to play. It almost looks like the audio controls got mixed up somewhere.

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Bart View Post
    OK, I tried to do that. I was able to send my BeyondPod log, but when I try to send the Android log I just get a blank screen...

Also, I noticed that when I'm listening on my wired headset in the car and I step out of the car and lock the doors the players stops playing. This must be because the phone is also connected to Bluetooth (but I'm listening on the wired headset which overrides Bluetooth audio playback, as it should). This didn't use to be the case (it would keep on playing). So it almost seems the Bluetooth controls have gotten mixed up the headset controls.

Thanks for picking this up so quickly!
    Thank you for sending the log you could. We have collected logs from multiple users so those should help development with a fix for the next release.