Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 4.2.40

Quote Originally Posted by camdecoster View Post
    I'm having an issue (and it was present in at least the last beta) where pressing play on the widget doesn't actually work. The app appears to freeze and I get a pop up from the system saying BeyondPod isn't responding. The only way to start playback is to go into the app and press play. Is anyone else seeing this issue?
    Yes. Same here in .39 and .40

Quote Originally Posted by dlynch View Post
    - Pause on disconnect power/headset works again
    Headset play/pause button works only if notification present.
    Pause on headset disconnect doesn't work since .39

Quote Originally Posted by camdecoster View Post
    I'm having an issue (and it was present in at least the last beta) where pressing play on the widget doesn't actually work. The app appears to freeze and I get a pop up from the system saying BeyondPod isn't responding. The only way to start playback is to go into the app and press play. Is anyone else seeing this issue?
    Yes, I totally am. I disagree that this beta fixes the worst problems. I am on Android 8.0, and i even factory reset my phone to see if that would help. Nope. For me:

Scheduled updates never start.
    Updates don't rebuild SmartPlay.
    Trying to start the app from the widget usually fails, app crashes, or just takes forever to start with the "syncing" icon in the status bar.
    Trying to start from Android auto acts similarly to start from the widget.
    Once BP freezes, it's too late to try to open the app - it's frozen, too. I try to close the app from the switcher and restart. This eventually works after several tries.

Does 4.2.18 work on Oreo? That worked fine for me.

And I forgot to mention that audio doesn't pause for voice navigation or other things that it used to pause for.

My Pixel XL2 running the .40 release crashed while in the car yesterday. It was playing for 20 minutes, then suddenly quit without any interaction. I don't have any battery optimization turned on for this app.

When I started the app again it restarted the episode from the beginning. GAHHH, so frustrating. Logs sent, only one log had anything from the day it happened.

BeyondPod Team
    The 4.2.41 version was released to our BP Beta channel yesterday (which can be found here: http://www.beyondpod.mobi/Android/BETA/) and it was also submitted to the Google Play Store (BETA) this morning, so it should be available on there very shortly.

We anticipate to push this version to Production by EOD tomorrow (Friday 10/19/18).

I'm experiencing a problem that seems to have 'come back' with this version.

BeyondPod began to pause continuously and what seemed to be randomly. This problem had originally started with a release last year, and then must have gone stealth when the 'Pause on Headset Disconnect' functionality stopped functioning.

Under Menu > Settings > Player Settings > Automatic Pause or Resume > Pause on Headset Disconnect was checked, set to Yes.
    When I unchecked this box, BeyondPod stopped pausing continuously.
    In my case, I think an unrelated Bluetooth device, not my headset, was constantly polling (connecting and disconnecting).

There may be a way for the developers to only trigger the pause on the specific headset Bluetooth device, instead of what appears to be happening with pauses on any Bluetooth device disconnect / reconnect.

I hope this proves helpful.