Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 26

Thread: 4.2.40

  1. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    16
    The pause icon bug still exists in 4.2.40 as well.
    If you choose the option NOT to display the pause icon in the notification area when BP is paused, the setting is honored in the application.
    But if you press the home button or switch to another application, the icon comes back no matter what option you have on that setting.

  2. #12
    I'm having an issue (and it was present in at least the last beta) where pressing play on the widget doesn't actually work. The app appears to freeze and I get a pop up from the system saying BeyondPod isn't responding. The only way to start playback is to go into the app and press play. Is anyone else seeing this issue?

  3. #13
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    5
    4.2.40 failed to start on Android 4.4.4
    Beyond Pod failed to start
    Binary XML file line #37
    error inflating class fragment
    Beyond Pod will now Exit!

    I am not a beta tester. My phone installed the update through Google Play. I cannot use Beyond Pod. I tried uninstalling and installing and it still happens.

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    217
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger7937 View Post
    4.2.40 failed to start on Android 4.4.4
    Beyond Pod failed to start
    Binary XML file line #37
    error inflating class fragment
    Beyond Pod will now Exit!

    I am not a beta tester. My phone installed the update through Google Play. I cannot use Beyond Pod. I tried uninstalling and installing and it still happens.
    KitKat is no longer supported, but the developers haven't set their google developer account to check and not update (maybe haven't set the target API correctly?). Either way, you can roll back to an older version by going to this download page: http://www.beyondpod.mobi/Android/Beta/betachanges.htm

    Just don't install play store updates anymore, as your Android version will never again be supported by this app. Looks like 4.2.19 was the last working version on KitKat (4.4.4), although personally I'd stay with 4.2.18 if I could as that was the last version before the new developer came in like a wrecking ball.

  5. #15
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    5
    Thanks for your reply. I installed 4.2.30 from APKMirror. https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/beyond...-apk-download/ I had 4.2.30 before recent update. Seems to be working. Appreciate the link. I am a senior and am surprised I could install the older version 4.2.30 It's an older phone and I am not very experienced with phones or computers. If I have further problems I will follow your suggestion and revert back to 4.2.18 Thanks again.

  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    217
    Glad that worked for you

  7. #17
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by couplands View Post
    Should .40 work with Android Auto..? I haven't had any recent version appear in the list of audio apps available for AA.

    Cheers

    Simon
    Working now with Android Auto...👍🏻

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by drmabuse View Post
    Episode Sync does not work since 4.2.38, so in 4.2.40 too.
    I'm getting the sync error as well, Sync error: -1, No value for type.

  9. #19
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianGee View Post
    The pause icon bug still exists in 4.2.40 as well.
    If you choose the option NOT to display the pause icon in the notification area when BP is paused, the setting is honored in the application.
    But if you press the home button or switch to another application, the icon comes back no matter what option you have on that setting.
    I'm still getting random pauses on .40. Not as often, but maybe every 30mins or so.

  10. #20
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by drmabuse View Post
    Episode Sync does not work since 4.2.38, so in 4.2.40 too.

    Same for me here

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •