Thread: 4.2.40 - SmartPlay home screen shortcut does not work if BP is not already running

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

4.2.40 - SmartPlay home screen shortcut does not work if BP is not already running

I have a number of SmartPlay playlists I added to my home screen. However, these shortcuts do not work if BP is not already running. When pressing the button, it shows the Loading Feeds notification along with a black screen, followed by an Android dialog saying "BeyondPod isn't responding". Eventually BP usually opens, but it never starts playing the playlist.

The same exact issue happens when trying to play from the BP widget when BP is not already running.

When the issue happens, error "MediaPlaybackService (4.2.40) - MediaPlayBack Service - is taking too long to load! Giving Up!" appears in the BP log.

Phone: Nexus 5X
    Android version: 8.1

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    I have a number of SmartPlay playlists I added to my home screen. However, these shortcuts do not work if BP is not already running. When pressing the button, it shows the Loading Feeds notification along with a black screen, followed by an Android dialog saying "BeyondPod isn't responding". Eventually BP usually opens, but it never starts playing the playlist.

The same exact issue happens when trying to play from the BP widget when BP is not already running.

When the issue happens, error "MediaPlaybackService (4.2.40) - MediaPlayBack Service - is taking too long to load! Giving Up!" appears in the BP log.

Hello,

Can you please send your BeyondPod and Android Logs so that the developers can take a look to see if there are any clues? They are currently looking into the widget not responding and are collecting logs but the SmartPlay Home Screen button has not been reported by any other users so they will want to see your logs.

To send logs:

BP Settings>> Click Menu Overflow (3 dot icon in the top right corner of screen) >> View Logs >> Select the BeyondPod and Android Logs >> Click Menu Overflow >> Email Suppot.

Make sure to include a brief description of what issue you are having so we know which log to match to what bug. Thank you.

Logs have been emailed

Same problem for me in last two betas. Widget play button doesn't work anymore. "Pause on headset disconnect" doesn't work either.

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Semmy7 View Post
    Same problem for me in last two betas. Widget play button doesn't work anymore. "Pause on headset disconnect" doesn't work either.
    Please send your logs so those can be passed along to development. See instructions in previous comment in this thread.

BeyondPod Team
    Hello,

Please try version 4.2.41 as this should be fixed.

The 4.2.41 version was released to our BP Beta channel yesterday (which can be found here: http://www.beyondpod.mobi/Android/BETA/) and it was also submitted to the Google Play Store (BETA) this morning, so it should be available on there very shortly.

We anticipate to push this version to Production by EOD tomorrow (Friday 10/19/18).

I have just installed 4.2.41, and the issue does not appear to be fixed. I am still able to reproduce the issue using the same steps. It still occurs for both the home screen shortcut and the BP widget.

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    I have just installed 4.2.41, and the issue does not appear to be fixed. I am still able to reproduce the issue using the same steps. It still occurs for both the home screen shortcut and the BP widget.

I apologize, this fix was not included in the 4.2.41 release as I had expected. Developers said this should be included in the 4.2.42 release.

I am having the same issue with 4.2.41 regularly failing with this issue.
    I will email support.