Thread: v4.2.40 BUG "Keep Current Episode" on Rebuild SmartPlay not working on Android Auto

v4.2.40 BUG "Keep Current Episode" on Rebuild SmartPlay not working on Android Auto

There seems to be a small bug when connecting the phone to my car via Android Auto immediately after an auto-rebuild after downloading new episodes.

I have "Keep Current Episode" checked and this works fine when playing on the phone not using AA, *but* when connecting to the car after an update/rebuild, without first opening BP on the phone, the car display shows no "current" episode. It is necessary to open the phone to make it start playing the "current" episode. It never used to do this prior to this version.

Does anyone else have this behaviour, which seems to be a bug?

Hi

I had similar issue today indeed.
    At first I thought that the podcast I was listening was marked as read (like via a press to "skip to next" button) but as soon as I opened the podcast list in BP (AA mode) the episode resumed playing at the right spot it was stopped.
    I didn't link that with a rebuilt of the playlist as no new episodes were downloaded in the mean time.

Quote Originally Posted by Le_Poilu View Post
    I didn't link that with a rebuilt of the playlist as no new episodes were downloaded in the mean time.
    Thanks for this. I assumed it was linked with rebuild, because it happens during my morning commute (I auto-update and rebuild overnight) but not during my evening commute! Certainly it is not showing the current episode every morning. I'll watch it more carefully to see if I can better identify what is causing it.