Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 4.2.41 Paused Notification Stuck in Tray

4.2.41 Paused Notification Stuck in Tray

This was a problem before the last version then went away and now seems to be back...when playback is paused, regardless of what is selected for "Keep Paused Notification in Tray" it does not go away unless I swipe it off myself.

Galaxy S8+ running 8.0.0

Thanks

I have the media control panel for BeyondPod in my pull down notifications all the time... I swipe them away, they just come back...

4.2.21 on Note 9.

Even after I swipe it away, it just comes back.

I strongly prefer to not have this notification active, because I've encountered times where I had a podcast paused, and somehow the phone started playing in my pocket, when the volume was turned off, and ended up finishing and erasing the episode that I had not yet listened to.

Google Pixel 2, Android 9

I have the same issue that the player in the notification tray keeps coming back after swiping away. I emailed logs twice to development, they replied and said I'm the only one having the issue (so I haven't posted to the forum about it). Glad to see I'm not the only one. This is a Pixel XL2 Android Pie.

Only way I've found to get rid of it is to open the app, go to a feed, then spam the back button till the app exits. If you pause a podcast from the tray then swipe away, it will come back indefinitely.

I'm not sure what's worse, having the app lose the notification after a one minute of being paused, or having it come back constantly and start playing in my pocket lol.

Same here. No matter how much I swipe the notification away, it keeps coming back. Only way to prevent it is to empty the playlist. Force close doesn't even work.

Same here on pixel 2 XL with Android 9

I have the same issue.
    As long as there's something in the playlist the notification keep coming back.
    It does it on my 2 device, one with Android 8 Sony X compact) , the other android 7.x (Sony Z3 Tablet Compact)

BeyondPod Team
    We have been collecting logs from users and development is using those to look for any clues into the reason this is happening so they can find a fix. Thank you all for your information so far.

Do you need more logs?

This is incredibly frustrating, I effectively have a permanent beyondpod player in my tray and on my lockscreen. I've had podcasts playing in my pocket CONSTANTLY since this bug came up, which makes me have to go back and figure out where I was last listening.

How is this not an issue for more people?? Pixel 2XL, Android Pie

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by phalkon30 View Post
    Do you need more logs?

This is incredibly frustrating, I effectively have a permanent beyondpod player in my tray and on my lockscreen. I've had podcasts playing in my pocket CONSTANTLY since this bug came up, which makes me have to go back and figure out where I was last listening.

How is this not an issue for more people?? Pixel 2XL, Android Pie
    Development has not requested any more logs at this time. They are still currently working on the fix for this bug.