Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 4.2.41 Paused Notification Stuck in Tray

So, thanksgiving is over. Can we get an update please? This bug is pretty annoying after a while.

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by BubiBalboa View Post
    So, thanksgiving is over. Can we get an update please? This bug is pretty annoying after a while.
    I do not have an expected date of a new release from development yet. They are still currently working on bug fixes.

It's been another two weeks. Could you at least ask for an ETA, please? I'm starting to doubt this project again when you have been doing pretty well there for a while. Please don't let this app die.

Really hoping for a fix too. I've been living with having to force close BeyondPod at least 10 tkmes every day because of this resume freeze. Will soon have to migrate to other podcast app

Between this, the random playback pausing, and pausing when an unrelated BT device is disconnected, I'd like to learn how I can get rid of the Beta version and go back to the last release. This is still the best podcatcher IMO, and I'd hate for it to die. Hopefully the released version doesn't have the issues this beta has.

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by BubiBalboa View Post
    It's been another two weeks. Could you at least ask for an ETA, please? I'm starting to doubt this project again when you have been doing pretty well there for a while. Please don't let this app die.
    Hello,

Unfortunately, development does not have an ETA for the next release quite yet. They are still working on bug fixes to be included in the next release. I wish I had better news for you at this time. :/

I have the same problem / complaint. At first I thought it was only when I paused in the middle of an episode, but it's actually all the time. Even if I go back to the start of the current episode, the notification will not go away. Swiping removes it only temporarily.

However I found a workaround. In the hidden advanced options menu there's an 'exit beyondpod' button. This seems to really exit the program, and the notification does not come back. If you haven't found this menu, it's accessed by a long press on the version number in the 'about beyondpod' dialog in the main settings menu.

This is v4.2.41
    cheers
    patrick

Quote Originally Posted by pmstirling View Post
    I have the same problem / complaint. At first I thought it was only when I paused in the middle of an episode, but it's actually all the time. Even if I go back to the start of the current episode, the notification will not go away. Swiping removes it only temporarily.

However I found a workaround. In the hidden advanced options menu there's an 'exit beyondpod' button. This seems to really exit the program, and the notification does not come back. If you haven't found this menu, it's accessed by a long press on the version number in the 'about beyondpod' dialog in the main settings menu.

This is v4.2.41
    cheers
    patrick
    Great find! I gave up on the app and moved on, but I probably would have used this as a workaround until development figures it out.

Quote Originally Posted by phalkon30 View Post
    I have the same issue that the player in the notification tray keeps coming back after swiping away. I emailed logs twice to development, they replied and said I'm the only one having the issue (so I haven't posted to the forum about it). Glad to see I'm not the only one. This is a Pixel XL2 Android Pie.

Only way I've found to get rid of it is to open the app, go to a feed, then spam the back button till the app exits. If you pause a podcast from the tray then swipe away, it will come back indefinitely.

I'm not sure what's worse, having the app lose the notification after a one minute of being paused, or having it come back constantly and start playing in my pocket lol.
    Thanks phalkon30, I can now at least get rid of the persistent notification by opening the app, going to a feed, then pressing back button until the app exists. This is a workable temporary fix until a proper fix comes along.

Moto Z Play, Android 8.0.0

Any news to share, Kim?

If you don't have an ETA could you at least tell us why it is taking so long? Because I really don't understand.