Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BP won't start in car anymore

BP won't start in car anymore

Hi,

it was never a problem until recently. Once my phone connects with the car via Bluetooth, the podcasts start playing. Now I have to press play manually, sometimes several times until the podcast plays. Vice versa, when getting out of the car the podcast just keeps running, looks like BP does not recognize the connection with the car anymore. Bluetooth is connected, no doubt here.

I am having this same problem and more. It appeared in the last few days, but coincidentally my phone updated from Android 7.1.x to 8.1 (Oreo). I think I observed this no-autorun problem before the Oreo update, but am not certain. I turn off car when listening to BP via Bluetooth. Later I turn on car, so BT will start immediately. It connects to phone and shows the player, with "Unknown ..."; the control button shows pause, so that means it thinks it is playing - but it is not. Pressing button on car screen does nothing. I then have to open phone, and either hit play button from BP notification bar, or open BP and play.

The other problem is that I no longer see any progress bar. My car console used to display a bar that showed current time and total length of podcast (or maybe it showed remaining time?). Now there is no bar at all and no time values to tell me where I am! I think this may have happened with Android Oreo update.

BeyondPod Team
    What version of BeyondPod are you both using?

What's wrong with this forum? Twice now I've entered that info, clicked the Post button, and my reply is sent to /dev/null.

BP: 4.2.41
    Android: 8.1
    Phone: Moto G5s Plus (a.k.a. Moto XT1806)
    Car: Honda Insight 2019 Touring

Same issue, started about a year ago (got a new phone with upgraded OS around the time of the .19 betas). Current track always says "unknown", and BP must be started from the app when I turn the car on. Previously the car could start BP if it had been the last running media player.

If Google Play Music was the last player, it auto starts every time. At one point, BP did auto start with this radio in this car so...

BP: 4.2.41 (or any of the last 15-20 betas)
    Android 9.0
    Phone: Pixel XL2 (and Nexus 6P when I had it)
    Car: Honda HRV 2016 EX (not an android auto capable)

Similar problems here.

For a few weeks I've had trouble running BP on BT in the car. I'm pretty sure the problem started after a recent update. If I'm wearing a headset, when I turn the car on, the audio stops on the headset. Can play it again, but it turns off after a few seconds. I can usually get it to stay on the headset if I completely remove the bt connection to the car stereo, but that's an annoying process and it doesn't always work. Also, I try turning off my headset and listening through bt on the car stereo. That doesn't work either, it shuts off after a few seconds of audio.

this does not happen on other bt audio apps. Calls, Spotify ,google podcasts, all work normally.

running BP 4.2.41 on Google Nexus 5 android 8.1. 2018 model car.

BeyondPod Team
    Please send your BeyondPod and Android Logs so that the developers can take a look to see if there are any clues?

To send logs:

BP Settings>> Click Menu Overflow (3 dot icon in the top right corner of screen) >> View Logs >> Select the BeyondPod and Android Logs >> Click Menu Overflow >> Email Support.

Make sure to include a brief description of what issue you are having so we know which log to match to what bug. Thank you.

thanks a lot, I sent both logs just now.

BP: 4.2.41
    Android: 8.1
    Phone: Moto G5s Plus
    Car: Honda Insight 2019

I sent both logs around 2200 PDT, 28 October. However I am no longer seeing the problem. Here's what happened for me ...
    1. As of yesterday, in my car autoplay no longer worked when I started car after using BT Audio connection the last time I drove. Even when I manually started playing a podcast, my car console showed "Unknown Title" and showed no timeline - it did not know how long the podcast was, or where the current pointer was in the timeline.
    2. I wanted to charge my phone, so I plugged in (rarely do that) and used Android Auto. I listened to podcast via AA. Strange that there is no timeline in AA (I've never seen it) - in this regard the Bluetooth Audio connection is better (when it is able to display timeline).
    3. Got home, turned off car.
    4. Next time I got in car, I chose BT Audio. Lo and behold, it immediately began playing a podcast, displayed the correct title, and displayed the timeline!
    5. Two more times since then I have started the car and had the podcast immediately resume.

Of course I can't say if the problem is permanently gone. Maybe I should reboot phone and see if problem reappears.

I'm having a similar problem, same BP version, Android 8.0.0, also a Motorola (Z2 Force), also a Honda (2015 Accord Touring). Seems there's some issue caused by the combination of BP/Oreo/Honda. I'm going to send the logs next time I'm in the car.