Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BP won't start in car anymore

Just sent the logs

I have more info.
    I rebooted phone. After reboot BP would no longer display episode title (it instead showed "Unknown Title") and did not display timeline. However, it does resume playing automatically whenever I start the car.
    So then I plugged it into USB and used Android Auto. After this I was able to disconnect from USB (and AA) and then choose Bluetooth to play. At this time it displayed the correct title and timeline! And it autoplays when I start the car again.
    One more problem though - BP now does not always appear in AA as a usable app (I see it listed as an audio app, but it's grey and cannot be run); who knows, this could be an AA problem and not a BP problem.

This occurs in my 2017 Toyota Rav4. Playing podcast, turn off car, audioplay stops. Start car, BT connects but the audio does not auto play. It also will not start by clicking the car interface. The progress bar is not shown but the podcast does show. Opening BeyondPod on my phone and pressing play then starts the podcast via the car

BP 1.4.42
    Android 8. 0.0
    Samsung s7

Is this a BP issue or setting that can force the phone to allow focus on the podcast playing?
    when will this be fixed?
    WHAT version should I revert to?
    Last edited by Steelgate; 11-24-2018 at 03:46 PM.

With similar symptoms, I find if I turn run Android Auto once in the car the problems are resolved(auto start, podcast details, etc). I can quit Android Auto and all is still well. That is, until I listen to BP once away from the car and the problems return until I run Android Auto again. A pain, but at least a work-around for long road trips...

Thanks, Mark for your reply. I will try it.

Did this issue ever get resolved? I am running the latest version of BeyondPod on a Galaxy S9+ with Android version 9. When I get in my car, I can get BeyondPod to start using Tasker but it won't autoplay. Is there a fix?

Quote Originally Posted by hbradlow View Post
    Did this issue ever get resolved? I am running the latest version of BeyondPod on a Galaxy S9+ with Android version 9. When I get in my car, I can get BeyondPod to start using Tasker but it won't autoplay. Is there a fix?
    Nope, neither my Nexus 6P nor my Pixel XL2 would ever start automatically after a certain update (don't remember which one anymore). You need to downgrade to the old .18 release, or find something else to listen with.

Quote Originally Posted by phalkon30 View Post
    Nope, neither my Nexus 6P nor my Pixel XL2 would ever start automatically after a certain update (don't remember which one anymore). You need to downgrade to the old .18 release, or find something else to listen with.
    I found a simple fix: just use Android Auto and auto-launch it when it connects to the car Bluetooth.