Thread: App freezing since last update.

App freezing since last update.

Hello,

since the last update my app has been freezing a lot, specifically in two situations.

1. Switching blue tooth devices. It will stop playing on the original but not start on the new device (usually headphones) I have to force close and restart.

2. When a podcast has been paused for a while and i go to play from the notification pull down menu, i only get "loading feeds" and nothing happens. When i force close and try to reopen the app, i have been getting an all white screen and the app fails to load. Sometimes it loads on the second or third try, but last night i gave up because it kept freezing.

I like this app and have used it for years and only recently have I had any real or reoccurring problems (especially #2). Please let me know if you have any advice.

Running v4.2.41 on samsung galaxy 7 edge on android 8.0

thanks in advance!!

I'm having similar symptoms, but the white screen eventually turns into the app. Yes, it takes a *long* time. But yes, it seems like bluetooth and perhaps widget events don't wake up BP. I have over 100 feeds, so the "loading feeds" thing takes forever.

Have you tried turning off battery optimization for BP in android settings? I did a month ago, and I swear it's helped. BP doesn't use any battery, so I see no reason for Android to put it to sleep in the background.

I'm not seeing the white screen thing, but after long phone calls it doesn't resume for me (have to hit play on the notification). I wonder if this would at least be an improvement for you guys.

I did that months ago...