Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: can't use BP with Google maps directions

can't use BP with Google maps directions

About two versions back BP stopped playing nicely with maps. Now it fails to pause, and maps can't do directions at all - there's justa weird silence, maybe one word from maps, and then back to the (still playing) podcast. Since i only listen to podcasts in the car, this is a serious problem.

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by odoketa View Post
    About two versions back BP stopped playing nicely with maps. Now it fails to pause, and maps can't do directions at all - there's justa weird silence, maybe one word from maps, and then back to the (still playing) podcast. Since i only listen to podcasts in the car, this is a serious problem.
    Hello,

Pausing for navigation was fixed in v4.2.41. It was only "ducking" audio in 4.2.40.

I have 4.2.41 and am still experiencing this issue between Maps and BeyondPod.

Similarly to the original poster, this was an issue which reappeared only recently.

Same problem on Pixel 3XL. BP 4.2.41 pauses, but navigation sound doesn't play. FYI, I think the car display said Bluetooth was MUTED.

Not sure if related, but google maps on my Pixel 2XL switched to phone audio only for directions a few weeks ago without me touching it. BP would pause and I'd hear silence because my phone media level was muted.

Switched it back to bluetooth for directions and now it works as intended (pauses podcast, announces, then resumes). Might be something to verify in google maps.

Thanks phalkon30, I checked that setting and tried the "Play test soud". If I set it to Play voice through Bluetooth, then all I hear is silence while BP is playing. But if I turn that off then I can hear it through the phone speaker which is good enough for me for now. Thank you.

I am using BeyondPod v4.2.41 with Bluetooth audio in my 2014 Chevy volt (standard system) along with Google Maps 10.18.2 on android 9.0 on a Moto G7 power phone.

I am having the same problems as above when playing audio with BeyondPod and google maps navigation via BlueTooth.
    Podcast is playing, google maps tries to make announcement, podcast pauses but only silence is heard. Then podcast resumes.
    As mentioned above, the same behavior can be demonstrated using the google maps "Play test sound" command.

I did some testing and found that google maps does not have a problem being heard thru Bluetooth if google "play music" (v8.20.8059) app is playing music. The music volume seems to be lowered and the google map announcement is played over the music.
    Seems to be an issue with BeyondPod.

Further testing with BeyondPod, I changed the setting in the BP Player Settings=> Automatic Pause or Resume => Pause on Notification to OFF.
    Now google maps plays the announcement over the podcast audio. Not good, but at least I can hear the maps announcement.

Changing the setting back to ON restores the original silence behavior.

For now, I am also going to use the google maps feature that allows announcements to be played via the phone instead of Bluetooth. I've spent too much time and missed too many turns.

I am experiencing the same issue with a silence when google maps navigation instructions should be heard, except that the podcast does pause correctly during the silence.

Beyondpod version v 4.2.41
    Google Maps v 10.20.0
    Phone Pixel 3a : Android 9 : PQ3B.190705.003

Car system is Holden Mylink (which i presume is rebadged Chev My link system)

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by nev.. View Post
    I am experiencing the same issue with a silence when google maps navigation instructions should be heard, except that the podcast does pause correctly during the silence.

Beyondpod version v 4.2.41
    Google Maps v 10.20.0
    Phone Pixel 3a : Android 9 : PQ3B.190705.003

Car system is Holden Mylink (which i presume is rebadged Chev My link system)
    Thank you for reporting. I am passing your information along with ricko2001's info to the development team to take a look into. I will let you know if they need any more information from you.

I would love to help you but I didn't have any similare problem in the past
    I hope it'll be solved for you by the support