Thread: BP weird Bluetooth issues since last update - Pixel2XL.

BP weird Bluetooth issues since last update - Pixel2XL.

Bear with me here because this is really odd.

I've been using BP unlocked for years. I primarily use it with Bose Quietcomfort Q35 headphones.

Since the last update, I've been getting constant drops whilst using BP. What I've found very odd, is that the drops happen very regularly in the same situations, even things like when I walk through a certain door in my office, it will pause and when leaving my apartment and hitting a certain point on my stairs.

This happens exclusively with BeyondPod, other apps like Spotify will play all day without interruption.

It also happens with my Bluetooth speakers at home, but as the device is stationary, the drops are more random. I've not started leaving my phone outside the shower as it will usually pause during the time I'm listening in there.

Very weird! Anyone experiencing the same?

BP v4.2.41
    Android 9

I've seen a few people mention something like that now. I wonder if there are BlueTooth LE devices, or just other devices coming in range that the app is trying to momentarily connect to.

I get it randomly driving in the car where it pauses, rarely use BT at home though.

Hey Phalkon, what really gets me is that it's app specific. I always figured the connectivity was Android controlled and therefore should be outside the app. It's really confusing me

I hear you, I'm not a developer (just a geek), so...I don't know honestly. I remember chatting with a developer where the app WeatherBug was looking for BTLE devices in the background and that was crashing their player, weird things can happen I guess.

Tonight, I discovered a setting that has stopped the constant (what I thought was random) pause on Bluetooth headset for me.
    Under Menu > Settings > Player Settings > Automatic Pause or Resume > Pause on Headset Disconnect was checked, set to Yes.
    When I unchecked this box, BeyondPod stopped pausing continuously.
    In my case, I think an unrelated Bluetooth device, not my headset, was constantly polling (connecting and disconnecting).

There may be (probably is) a way for BeyondPod to isolate the 'Pause on Headset Disconnect' to only poll and listen to a specific Bluetooth device, not trigger on any Bluetooth's device connection / disconnection.

I hope this proves helpful for your situation as well.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Speculative View Post
    Tonight, I discovered a setting that has stopped the constant (what I thought was random) pause on Bluetooth headset for me.
    Under Menu > Settings > Player Settings > Automatic Pause or Resume > Pause on Headset Disconnect was checked, set to Yes.
    When I unchecked this box, BeyondPod stopped pausing continuously.
    In my case, I think an unrelated Bluetooth device, not my headset, was constantly polling (connecting and disconnecting).

There may be (probably is) a way for BeyondPod to isolate the 'Pause on Headset Disconnect' to only poll and listen to a specific Bluetooth device, not trigger on any Bluetooth's device connection / disconnection.

I hope this proves helpful for your situation as well.
    Thanks for information. i was getting same problem it helped me.