Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Request From BeyondPod Team: Requirements for Flattr support

Thank you for this article. That’s all I can say. You most definitely have made this blog into something special. You clearly know what you are doing, you’ve covered so many bases.Thanks!
    Play [url=http://www.kizi2.com]Kizi[/url] Games Online

Hmm, looks like we are beating a dead horse here...
    From a technical pov, these changes are quite easy to do. The hard part is a nice concept, but I think we presented some good ways to do it in this thread.

Right now, I am using BeyondPod to listen and AntennaPod (which I am really impressed with) to flattr the podcast afterwards.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by dermatthias View Post
    Hmm, looks like we are beating a dead horse here...
    I think you're right :-( We all have already paid, so why care...

Quote Originally Posted by dermatthias View Post
    Right now, I am using BeyondPod to listen and AntennaPod (which I am really impressed with) to flattr the podcast afterwards.
    I'm missing Google Reader Support in AntennaPod :-( I hope it will be added soon!
    Last edited by Florian3; 11-23-2012 at 09:11 AM.

Unhappy

kind of a chicken/egg problem, i think.

BP Team, you are the authority on android podcasting. If you introduce Flattr-Support, i am pretty confident that users will follow. Also, there's even the possibility of a steady income for the BP devs. Flattr calls this 'Partner'. And the kicker is: flattr shares its income with you. It is NOT a cent taken away from the artist.

I would love to see flattr in here, soon.
    Last edited by amenthes; 11-24-2012 at 08:50 AM. Reason: i hadn't actually mentioned this in my first post

Do you have an update for us?

BeyondPod Team
    At this point we don't have any more information. It is on our todo list but more important tasks seem to sweep in. We just have no bandwidth to get to it.

The fastest way to get this done is if somebody steps in and helps us write a Flatter plugin for BeyondPod. (We will gladly pay for the work and provide any assistance).
    So you you or anybody else is interested or know somebody that may be interested writing such plugin - contact our support.

Stefan

Quote Originally Posted by StefanK View Post
    At this point we don't have any more information. It is on our todo list but more important tasks seem to sweep in. We just have no bandwidth to get to it.

The fastest way to get this done is if somebody steps in and helps us write a Flatter plugin for BeyondPod. (We will gladly pay for the work and provide any assistance).
    So you you or anybody else is interested or know somebody that may be interested writing such plugin - contact our support.

Stefan
    Hi Stefan,

I'm sure we can find someone who is willing to implement the flattr plugin for BeyondPod. Can you give us some further information?

* Is there an existing plugin infrastructure
    * Is there any documentation of existing implementations
    * Is there some kind of sample coding for a quick start
    * Can you name the concrete requirements for the flattr plugin

Perhaps you can tell us a contact person for clearing these points.

If we have some more information we will start an appeal in order to find a motivated coder.

Regards
    Florian

BeyondPod Team
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    See the Flattr Plugin thread in the Developers Forum

Thanks for your link, juwlz. I wasn't able to find it by using the forum search function. Perhaps the new Developers Forum isn't searchable yet.

So it seems that in amenthes you already did find a coder for doing the job, that's great!

I just want to share that Linus from flattr has offered his support as I wrote to the flattr forum yesterday:

http://getsatisfaction.com/flattr/to...y_notification

If there are any questions how to use the flattr API best I think he will be your man. Perhaps they already have some best practices for linking micro payments out of podcast apps (where to find the flattr link best in the Atom/RSS streams etc.)

Best luck for you guys!

Hi there,
    you wrote that you plan to release the flattr support within a new apk which will be avaiable at google play store.
    if there are any chances to get an early beta of the flattr plugin, please let us know! i think there are many people interested in this new apk.
    regards