Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: V4.2.40 podcasts not pausing for audio announcements.?

V4.2.40 podcasts not pausing for audio announcements.?

I just updated to the new version from the play store a couple of days ago... V4.2.40. Finally works again with Android Auto. However, I noticed that when walking and using the app MapMyWalk, that the app's audio announcements I get every set distance (it tells me how far I've walked, split speed, etc) plays full volume but, critically, the audio playing on beyondpod does not pause any more. So I've regained in-car controls but lost one of the handy (ie not irritating) features at the same time. I do not want my podcasts to play below audio announcements from other apps. I want the audio to pause, then continue once the announcement has finished... Like it used to.

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Averbuch View Post
    I just updated to the new version from the play store a couple of days ago... V4.2.40. Finally works again with Android Auto. However, I noticed that when walking and using the app MapMyWalk, that the app's audio announcements I get every set distance (it tells me how far I've walked, split speed, etc) plays full volume but, critically, the audio playing on beyondpod does not pause any more. So I've regained in-car controls but lost one of the handy (ie not irritating) features at the same time. I do not want my podcasts to play below audio announcements from other apps. I want the audio to pause, then continue once the announcement has finished... Like it used to.
    Hello,

Yes, development introduced audio "ducking" instead of pausing. This was intentional and not broken. Development is aware of the dislike users have for it so I believe they are going to try and re-introduce pausing in the next release.

When will this release be available?

I thought this was just another bug in the latest release, as my player has been randomly pausing and often crashes after connected to bluetooth since I downloaded it. This particular feature means I have to manually pause while driving when my phone starts playing directions. BeyondPod automatically overrides my pause but at a lower volume, causing me to have to manually intervene more while driving. This has already distracted me enough to take the wrong exit on a familiar route. This is a dangerous update. I urge you to release a new version before it kills someone.

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by BradleyB View Post
    When will this release be available?
    I do not have that information from development yet.

I agree, this has caused some serious issues with my use, calling it a danger is strong, but ...
    How can we rollback to a previous version?

I don't think it's too strong to say that adding distractions while I'm driving is dangerous.

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by generaldelivery View Post
    I agree, this has caused some serious issues with my use, calling it a danger is strong, but ...
    How can we rollback to a previous version?
    You can find previous versions here http://www.beyondpod.mobi/Android/BETA/betachanges.htm
    The last production version before 4.2.40 release was 4.2.30.

Quote Originally Posted by KimW View Post
    I believe they are going to try and re-introduce pausing in the next release.
    Hi @KimW. +1 from me for re-introducing pausing. "Ducking" is really not a great idea at all.

Quote Originally Posted by KimW View Post
    Hello,

Yes, development introduced audio "ducking" instead of pausing. This was intentional and not broken. Development is aware of the dislike users have for it so I believe they are going to try and re-introduce pausing in the next release.
    I don't get it. There is a specific setting that says "Pause on Notification: Pauses playback during system notifications (Navigation, eMail, SMS etc.)". Surely that box checked = pause and that box not checked = duck. I have that box checked and it's not pausing. This is a bug, no?