Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I finally gave up

Unhappy I finally gave up

I have been a paying BeyondPod user for a long time, but recent bugs made it pretty much unusable.

First there was a change in the UI, which I got used to even if it was inconvenient. Especially with the settings and add menu below all subscriptions.
    It got slower and slower over time and I just became more patient.
    The widget stopped working ... ok, I am just going to use the app then.
    Some podcasts had audio or download issues. I can always blame the podcast, even if it sometimes worked after a restart.
    Sync was also a bit hit and miss.

But what broke me was the constant pausing while playing and unreliable bluetooth usage.
    On one listening session recently I had to unpause every couple of minutes, that is just unusable.

Now I switched to Pocket Casts. I will miss some features like the auto-filling smart lists and probably others.
    But this new app is just so responsive and everything it does just works, sometimes this is enough.

Maybe I give BeyondPod another go in a year or so, but with the progress of the recent years I wouldn't keep my hopes up.

I have had a great few hours with Pocket Casts. Thanks for the recommendation.

I had BeyomdPod since 2011 btw :-)

2012 here, paid since 2013.

I just walked to the bathroom in the office without my podcast pausing. It's refreshing.

Only used BP for years. Paid for pocket yesterday and I can't believe I held on so long. It's sad but I am so excited when I press play and it doesn't freeze

I am not giving up yet, but if there is no movement on this by the end of January I am gone. It has been a problem for months.

I used BP since the Windows Mobile days and bought the Android app several times over the years to support the development of a once great app.

Things have gone hill since the app changed hands. I switched to Podcast Addict several months ago for my regular day to day listening and PocketCasts for my 'pick and choose an episode' selection and audiobooks.

Sure I miss some of the features of BeyondPod.. but no where near as much as I missed having a stable/dependable app everyday.

( I'm not sure if it's hope or morbid curiosity.. but I still occasionally haunt these forums..)
    Last edited by jhonen; 12-10-2018 at 09:21 PM. Reason: Addition

I'm sad to say that I'm in the same wagon...

BP user since years now, I start to get sick of issues coming but never getting solved while it always worked pretty good until now.

But for now I still didn't find a remplacement that have all the functionality I use from BP:
    Smartplay list
    Sync between devices: this one doesn't work anymore with BP... since septembre so I'll not miss it form BP. But Pocketcast seems to be the only one having a working sync feature.
    Pause if power unplugged => didn't find any other app that have this feature

I've tried (and even paid for):
    Podcast addict
    Doggcatcher (sync in close beta)
    Antennapod
    Podcast republic
    PocketCast
    Podcast addict (sync annonced years ago..still nothing)

If you know one that have sync & pause on power unplugg I'll be happy :-)

For everyone who has moved on from BeyondPod, are there any that have smart playlist features like BP does? I like that BP can continuously add new episodes to a playlist with rules that control how the episodes are sorted.

Yeah, that's the big feature that makes me stick. I've got it all organized...