Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I finally gave up

Has anyone reached out to the developers of pocket casts to ask about that? Seems like it would be worth their time to gain a few users from here..

https://support.pocketcasts.com/feedback/

I just sent feedback, I'll be gone as soon as I find a replacement.

So...I purchased Pocket Casts, and it actually already has a playlist feature that does everything I want to. It looks like a drop in replacement for me...

They call it Episode filters. You can select which feeds to include, which to download automatically, what order to sort in...and can have as many filters as you want. Maybe not as powerful as BP, but meets my needs!

They also have episode sync (with a full featured web player!) for $9. I'll see how I like it before paying for the upgrade, but for now I've actually removed BP from my phone.

BeyondPod Team
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    Quote Originally Posted by AZImmortal View Post
    For everyone who has moved on from BeyondPod, are there any that have smart playlist features like BP does? I like that BP can continuously add new episodes to a playlist with rules that control how the episodes are sorted.
    Podcast Addict approaches the same requirement in a different way. A podcast can be in as many different categories as you like (so you can use some to categorise by topic, or length, or whatever takes your fancy, and some to create playlists to use.

Each podcast also has a priority associated with it, so you can combine categories and priorities to get much the same functionality, by sorting your podcasts by priority within playlist category. It's not quite as precise as SmartPlay, but in many ways it's much easier to adjust categories and relative priorities than to nudge SmartPlay rules up and down or to add a new rule in the middle of a long list of SmartPlay rules. (I would recommend numbering priorities in multiples of 10, so that you can easily insert things between others if you need to later.

I have certainly achieved the same "set it and forget it" setup that I had with BP, together with a set of different playlists for different situations.

What PA doesn't have is cross-device sync, so if that's important to you, it'll be a non-starter. But from this thread, it appears that sync has stopped working in BP too.

It DOES have automatic skip back on pause, sleep timers, a recycle bin for your played podcasts (i.e. delayed physical deletion), etc.

Thanks for this thread. Agreed with everyone that development delays and bugs in BeyondPod have caused me to explore other podcast apps. I've purchased BeyondPod years ago and have been a loyal user for years, so it's hard to break my BP habit.

FWIW, I also tried a ton of apps (Doggcatcher, Pocketcasts, Castbox, Podcast Addict, etc) I've been super happy with Podcast Republic. Free syncing feature, playlist organizing, more fine-tuned updating and downloading options, a nicer car mode, and a bonus feature I really appreciate: audio effects & equalizer per episode (when I switch from news podcast to music). The UI is more advanced, so there's a learning curve, but it's that much more powerful.

Happy [almost] new year everyone!

I tried Podcast republic ... few hours before the UI started to make me mad. There's a lot on non-sens and really nothing logical in this app (and it's so ugly by today standard...)

Now I use Pocket Cast, until BP get proper development and bug fixes (I think mostly about device syncing...)

I gave up too. Looks like they really abandoned the app. Months with unbelievable bugs and no sign of improvement.

I'm going to try Pocket Casts you guys recommended. And I will not recommend BeyondPod to anyone else again.

I've been an user for ten years now, but that's the way it is. I've had enough.

This fixed all the problems I was having with BP: http://www.beyondpod.com/forum/showt...than-I-thought

Same for me, enough of this. If we just could downgrade to a working version. Searching for an alternative with Android Auto Support now.

I did the same as musichem.

Literally saved this application for me. I was about to switch to something else.

Pocket casts seems pretty good but I really want the category view of beyond pod. I have different podcasts under different genre categories. But I use the categories view to make a subset of podcasts I can then open up individually rather than having the individual episodes interwoven.

This is important to me because I'll have a category like "history and economics" and I'll have a podcast that rarely updates and a podcast that updates often. And if I want to just see all the podcasts episodes from this category interwoven I can but if I want to use the category to see the individual podcasts and then open up the specific one that rarely updates I can.