Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I finally gave up

I think I spoke to soon...

Since downgrading to 4.2.18 I'm getting the "expected status header not present" error as described in this thread from 2017 in some of my feeds.

Unbelievably frustrating. To fix a couple of my favorite feeds I'm going to have to upgrade back to the version that makes Android Auto unusable.

Please, please, please, KimW, is there any update on a new release?

Sorry if I'm late to the game here.

I was experiencing Android Auto pause issues a couple months back. I went to the Player Settings --> Automatic Pause/Resume screen. I turned off Pause on Headset Disconnect and Pause on Power Disconnect. Android Auto works for me now.

Are you experiencing a different issue?

Yes, that one is mostly solved by the setting you mention, though not 100%. There is also the "pause on notification" setting. Maybe I'll experiment with that. Maybe there are some kind of phantom notifications or something, but it's not a setting I'd want to turn off permanently.

The main issue that is maddening is on the current version, when getting back in the car the current playing episode is not shown. Instead it's a screen with "select something to play" or something like that. You have to tap the top left corner ... button, and wait while it does something (refresh the feeds?). Then you have to either press the |i| button that looks like an equalizer in the lower right (if it's there) or scroll down to "playlist" to bring up the current episode. If you instead tap "smartplay" it won't resume, it will instead start the next episode in your smartplay list. It's frustrating and an unsafe number of interactions while driving.

4.18 did not have this problem but since 4.18 can't download from https feeds that is a deal breaker.

I wish someone could just either tell us that this app is abandoned and won't be updated further or give a real answer with ETA on an update. Taking months to release a bug fix version with well-documented and reproduce-able bugs is absolutely unacceptable for an app that remains in the Play Store with a paid version.

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianGee View Post
    I think I spoke to soon...

Since downgrading to 4.2.18 I'm getting the "expected status header not present" error as described in this thread from 2017 in some of my feeds.

Unbelievably frustrating. To fix a couple of my favorite feeds I'm going to have to upgrade back to the version that makes Android Auto unusable.

Please, please, please, KimW, is there any update on a new release?
    Brian,

Unfortunately, development does not have an ETA on the next release yet. They are still working on some bugs for the release. I wish I had better news for you. :/

I may have stumbled on something today during another stint of troubleshooting this app that I spend so much time with.

As we have seen several other issues about the widget posted here - slow to start, not updating properly, etc. - today I removed the widget from my home screen.
    Immediately after doing this almost all of the recent problems with the app and Android Auto stopped.
    I now have to open the app from its icon to start playback, but it starts instantly and does not pause.
    Android Auto starts with the current episode displayed, playback starts as soon as I press play, and it does not pause.
    The only issue I'm still seeing now is the keep paused notification setting isn't honored outside of the app (though disappears after about a minute) but this has been a bug for a long time.

Those of you still suffering through all these issues may want to try removing the widget.
    It's somewhat inconvenient to have to start playback in the app itself, but at least you can still pause from the now playing notification and lock screen when needed.
    I would be interested to know if this helps anyone else.

Thanks for sharing this tip! I've removed mine, and I'll post whether it works for me.

Hi BrianGee

I find that regardless of whether or not you delete the widget, performance is improved by always launching the app from its icon.

That's certainly been my experience for the last few months.

If you pause, you can restart it from the widget but only if it's paused for a short period. For me, I think beyond about 3 minutes it will hang if you try to resume via the widget.

No, it didn't help pausing, but as Hairy noticed, it seems to start faster when you tap the icon rather than the widget.

I spoke too soon and all problems are back as of this morning. I'm not fighting this anymore, I'm out.

I came here to report a bug that makes BP unable to download new episodes. After reading all this maybe I'll just switch apps.