Thread: Permission Denied error when attempting Backup

Permission Denied error when attempting Backup

Setting up BP on a new phone. No backup from previous phone was available. Installed BP v4.2.41 and Unlocker successfully. After replicating my subscriptions I proceed to try to run the Backup process. This fails repeatedly with (permission denied) error. I tried giving BP every permission I could find, to no avail. Im currently on a Moto G7 running Android 9. Can you provide guidance?

Cool Still unable to backup

Quote Originally Posted by cliford View Post
    I previously understood it, I've run the order as debian client (typical client) and it worked impeccably. In any case, your clarification is a lot of clear and gives me a superior thought regarding my blunder! what's more, it's the correct method to do with.
    Kodi nox
    Cliford, It's not clear to me if you were responding to my original query or someone else's comment in another area that got posted to my query by mistake. I'm still unable to run Backup in BeyondPod. Any input to resolve this would be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Supertech View Post
    Cliford, It's not clear to me if you were responding to my original query or someone else's comment in another area that got posted to my query by mistake. I'm still unable to run Backup in BeyondPod. Any input to resolve this would be greatly appreciated.
    It's just a spam account posting random keywords for search enhancement, unfortunately these boards have more spam posts than anything lately.

You're on a couple year old version of BP, maybe try one of the newer betas that targets Android 9. http://www.beyondpod.mobi/android/beta/betachanges.htm

I'm on the 4.3.8 release and have no problems backing up on my Pixel XL2 with Android 10 to internal storage (no SD card). If you're still having issues, that could be another thing to try is make sure you're backing up to internal storage not an SD card which the developers seem to struggle to support

Backup woes

Quote Originally Posted by phalkon30 View Post
    It's just a spam account posting random keywords for search enhancement, unfortunately these boards have more spam posts than anything lately.

You're on a couple year old version of BP, maybe try one of the newer betas that targets Android 9. http://www.beyondpod.mobi/android/beta/betachanges.htm

I'm on the 4.3.8 release and have no problems backing up on my Pixel XL2 with Android 10 to internal storage (no SD card). If you're still having issues, that could be another thing to try is make sure you're backing up to internal storage not an SD card which the developers seem to struggle to support
    Thanks for the clarifications. I am running 4.3.8 and changed settings long ago to move episodes to my SD card. I'm suspecting, as you suggested, that the storage drive might have to be internal storage, not the SD. It's hard for me to understand how that would kill backups but that would sound like bad code.