Thread: Widget freezing and buggy

Widget freezing and buggy

I thought this was just a problem with my phone but I just upgraded to a refurbished model and experiencing the same problem. When you tap the play button on the widget if bp is not immediately active in the background it freezes. There's no issue opening if you tap the picture to open the program first. A few things:
    Old phone was on the beta program but I don't recall which version
    New phone I'm enrolling in beta now so it's standard version 4.2.41
    I'm using my external SD card because the Moto x4 doesn't have any HDD space
    I really like bp. I've been using it for years, probably since my first smartphone. I really appreciate your work and commitment to progressing the function of the app.
    Appreciate any advice! Thanks
    Megan

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by meglet View Post
    I thought this was just a problem with my phone but I just upgraded to a refurbished model and experiencing the same problem. When you tap the play button on the widget if bp is not immediately active in the background it freezes. There's no issue opening if you tap the picture to open the program first. A few things:
    I'm using my external SD card because the Moto x4 doesn't have any HDD space
    I really like bp. I've been using it for years, probably since my first smartphone. I really appreciate your work and commitment to progressing the function of the app.
    Megan
    Hello Megan,

Development is aware of the widget issues and they are currently working on a fix. Thank you for reporting.

I was told that same thing more than a month ago, what is the planned release date for these fixes? Please do not force us to abandon this application because of hollow promises. If you have a beta release date scheduled, share it!

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    I was told that same thing more than a month ago, what is the planned release date for these fixes? Please do not force us to abandon this application because of hollow promises. If you have a beta release date scheduled, share it!
    I do not have an expected release date from development yet.

For gods sake, how long can you guys take to fix this?!!
    It's been almost a month of unbearable usage!

Signed up to post in this thread, as I am having the same problem. Has been this way for a while. Will need to look elsewhere for a podcast player if this isn't solved soon, as I am losing confidence in this project and its ability to deliver on the promised resolution. Hoping we can get some positive news!

Megan,
    You didn't do QA and now you keep a broken version online in the store for more than a months, not providing a quick fix or - even better - just the last working version. What kind of software development company are you?

Quote Originally Posted by spyro View Post
    Megan,
    You didn't do QA and now you keep a broken version online in the store for more than a months, not providing a quick fix or - even better - just the last working version. What kind of software development company are you?
    Take it easy. They know about it, they're working on it. Yelling at them isn't going to help. It's not "broken" it's slow to start from the widget.

Also, same issue here and it's damned annoying. Please post in this thread when the update is fixed @KimW

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by wcanyon View Post
    Take it easy. They know about it, they're working on it. Yelling at them isn't going to help. It's not "broken" it's slow to start from the widget.

Also, same issue here and it's damned annoying. Please post in this thread when the update is fixed @KimW
    Hello,

Unfortunately, development does not have an ETA for the next release quite yet. They are still working on bug fixes to be included in the next release. I wish I had better news for you at this time. :/

Quote Originally Posted by meglet View Post
    I'm using my external SD card because the Moto x4 doesn't have any HDD space Tutuapp 9apps Showbox
    Megan
    Hi
    I think there is a beta version of the app that will come out in this first quarter with new patches
    waiting for this news I thank you
    Last edited by rossi; 01-23-2019 at 03:14 PM.