Thread: 4.2.41 widget play button not responsive

4.2.41 widget play button not responsive

Hi all,

Anyone else noticing the widget play button not being responsive, even after multiple taps. I always remove the widget after a new beta install - not sure if that matters.

But this is typically happening for me upon starting up a streaming podcast from the widget by tapping the play button. The only solution for me is to click the image art, which brings me to the ability to click the play button in the center of the screen at the bottom OR I have to go to the app drawer and launch the app, then click play.

GS8. Thanks for any help!

Best,
    Paul

It's been reported in at least 3-4 threads, the only response given is that development is "looking into it, no ETA".

Your options are to move on to another app (since this has been broken for months with no real updates), or go back to a previous beta at this link: http://www.beyondpod.mobi/Android/BETA/

Play button won't play, but image button launches app quickly.

My observation has been that if the app is not in memory (and it's almost never in memory when paused), starting playback from outside the app (Bluetooth or widget play button) causes the app to launch VERY slowly, but not start playback. If I wait about 15 seconds and try to start playing again, it will usually work. If I press play on the widget (and it doesn't start) then press the image on the widget, I get a blank screen for about 15 seconds, then the UI appears. If I remember to open the app before trying to start playback (like tapping image part of widget), the UI appears in less than 3 seconds. I now try to launch the app before launching Android Auto, too, since that also seems to have trouble getting BeyondPod to respond if not already in memory.

Would recommend that BeyondPod check for anything that could be launching before BeyondPod code but depends on a class in BeyondPod. Perhaps a content resolver?

Is there any way to submit logs that would help the devs?

Quote Originally Posted by tfofurn View Post
    Is there any way to submit logs that would help the devs?
    There is a way to submit logs from the app, go to settings then top right corner the 3 dot menu. Make sure to include somewhere what you're sending the log in for.

Any update on this, I get the error from the widget and also when using Android Auto. The player wont start and gives an error offering me to wait for the app to start. It will take 15-30 seconds or more and then start.

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by couplands View Post
    Any update on this, I get the error from the widget and also when using Android Auto. The player wont start and gives an error offering me to wait for the app to start. It will take 15-30 seconds or more and then start.
    Hello,

Development is still working on multiple bug fixes but unfortunately there is no new update or ETA for the next release at this time. When I have a better update for you, I will share that with everyone.

Hi,

Any update on this issue? Been a very looooong time since this REALLY annoying issue has been reported?

Andy

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by darkmatter68 View Post
    Hi,

Any update on this issue? Been a very looooong time since this REALLY annoying issue has been reported?

Andy
    Andy,

Unfortunately, I still do not have an estimated date from development of when to expect the fixes they are currently working on will be released.

I've noticed this one as well.
    I have also noticed that if I wait long enough (minutes), it will eventually start playing.
    It is usually faster to dismiss it from the recents list and reopen from scratch, though that too is slow to start recently.
    Really makes the app feel flaky.
    Still no ETA then?