Thread: 4.2.41 - Playback stops when unrelated bluetooth device is disconnected

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

4.2.41 - Playback stops when unrelated bluetooth device is disconnected

I have a basic watch which can connect to my phone through bluetooth. I have found that if I disconnect my watch from my phone while I am listening to a podcast through a bluetooth, BP will stop playing the podcast. BP doesn't crash or anything - it just pauses the podcast.

If I am playing a podcast back through my phone speakers while my watch disconnects (instead of playing a podcast through bluetooth), BP does not pause. It only happens if BP is actively playing through bluetooth.

It appears to be the case that BP has logic such as "if BP is playing through bluetooth and a bluetooth device is disconnected, pause the podcast". It seems BP is missing a check to see if the device that was disconnected is the device that BP is playing through. In my case, my watch is just a generic bluetooth device which does not have any media capabilities. Disconnecting my watch should definitely have no effect on pausing BP.

I've seen this as well when listening to a podcast in my car. The phone connects to the car's Bluetooth for phone calls while I listen to the podcast through a separate personal Bluetooth speaker. When the car ignition is off, the Bluetooth connection is lost to the car and the podcast stops playing over my mini speaker. Not a big deal for me but it backs up what you see.

Tonight, I discovered a setting that has stopped the constant (what I thought was random) pause on Bluetooth headset for me.
    Under Menu > Settings > Player Settings > Automatic Pause or Resume > Pause on Headset Disconnect was checked, set to Yes.
    When I unchecked this box, BeyondPod stopped pausing continuously.
    In my case, I think an unrelated Bluetooth device, not my headset, was constantly polling (connecting and disconnecting).

I hope this proves helpful for your situation as well.