Thread: EpisodeSync not working since late November

Exclamation EpisodeSync not working since late November

Hi,

Reports of EpisodeSync not working were posted in a older thread. Not sure if dev are monitoring old thread. So creating a new post for visibility.

As before, it is the same error: Sync failed! Service error: 500, The database 'beyondpodsyncwest' has reached its size quota. Partition or delete data, drop indexes, or consult the documentation for possible resolutions.

In the past when we get this error the fix was usually pretty quickly. I hope once dev see this post they can resolve it soon.

Thank you

Yeah, the quota error has been since november 29. Also I tried to log out of the Episode Sync on my phone and now I can't log back in. The error is something like "unable to contact BeyondPod servers". This is such a very useful feature to have, I hope it get's fixed soon.

Same here. Episode sync has not worked for months now. Any updates on this?

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by jdellachiesa View Post
    Same here. Episode sync has not worked for months now. Any updates on this?
    Development has been (and is currently) working on multiple bug fixes, including one for EpisodeSync. Unfortunately, they have not given an estimated date quite yet of when to expect the next release with the included fixes.

Quote Originally Posted by KimW View Post
    Development has been (and is currently) working on multiple bug fixes, including one for EpisodeSync. Unfortunately, they have not given an estimated date quite yet of when to expect the next release with the included fixes.
    FYI in the past, fixes to EpisodeSync appears to be server-side only. It had not required a new release. Someone probably just need to refresh certain thing to make it working again.

Quote Originally Posted by colonelheero View Post
    FYI in the past, fixes to EpisodeSync appears to be server-side only. It had not required a new release. Someone probably just need to refresh certain thing to make it working again.
    Why they rely on their servers to do episode syncing is so old school. New school would have them support the episode syncing feature using the users own personal cloud service like Google Docs/Drive. It's simple, secure, and a much easier solution for the user to manage on their own with no need for them to have to support the feature on their own servers which they obviously don't want to support or even fix now going on four months of outage!

Signup not possible - server unreachable

During the last days I wanted to sign up for episode sync. But I always get an error that the beyondpod servers cannot be reached.

In the logcat there are entries with "chain validation failed" which as far as I know points to problems with the SSL/TLS certificate.

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Brackmeister View Post
    During the last days I wanted to sign up for episode sync. But I always get an error that the beyondpod servers cannot be reached.

In the logcat there are entries with "chain validation failed" which as far as I know points to problems with the SSL/TLS certificate.
    This is a known issue. Development has a fix for it and it will be implemented in the next release. Unfortunately, they have not given me an estimated date of when to expect the new release to be available but once I know that information, it will be shared on the forum.

Thanks for the info.
    In the meantime I used the backup/restore feature to get all my feeds to the second device instead of typing all the URLs again. So I'm mostly fine for the moment