Thread: BeyondPod frequently hangs on brand new Samsung S9

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

BeyondPod frequently hangs on brand new Samsung S9

When starting BeyondPod from scratch it usually starts normally however if I pause play they it frequently becomes unresponsive
    when you wish to resume play. Keep getting an "App not responding" message
    BeyondPod v 4.2.41
    Android v 8.0.0

I think this started after an update but has been happening for more than a month now, I have been using the app for a number of years
    and have not previously encountered any issues.

Steve

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by steve@thebutterfields.org View Post
    When starting BeyondPod from scratch it usually starts normally however if I pause play they it frequently becomes unresponsive
    when you wish to resume play. Keep getting an "App not responding" message
    BeyondPod v 4.2.41
    Android v 8.0.0

I think this started after an update but has been happening for more than a month now, I have been using the app for a number of years
    and have not previously encountered any issues.

Steve
    Hello,

Are you experiencing this behavior when you resume inside of the app? Using the notification tray controls? Widget? All of the above?

I dont know whats wrong with the site but I replied to this several days ago and its not showing !
    I use BeyondPod mostly with bluetooth but also with wired headphones. If I use the controls in the car or headphones ( wired or not )
    to pause play and then soon after ( maybe a minute ) I use the same controls to resume then all works well.
    If however the pause is left longer ( say 5 minutes ) then play doesnt resume and the only way to resume is to go to the phone
    click on the app which then usually gives the "App not responding" message. If I say to wait then within a minute the app shows
    and I can press play and play resumes.

Hi,
    What happens is I pause play, either from the in-App or controls in either the car if using bluetooth or on the headset plugged in to the phone then
    if I press again soon afterwards i.e. 10 second later then play will normally resume. However if I wait longer than this , say several minutes then it will not
    and the only way to get it back is to open the app, at this point android gives the "App not responding" warning and I wait for maybe 30 seconds for the app
    to reappear, at which point I can press play in the app.
    If all I do is press play on the car or headphones controls then it never resumes even if I wait for several minutes.
    Hope that makes sense.

Steve

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by steve@thebutterfields.org View Post
    Hi,
    What happens is I pause play, either from the in-App or controls in either the car if using bluetooth or on the headset plugged in to the phone then
    if I press again soon afterwards i.e. 10 second later then play will normally resume. However if I wait longer than this , say several minutes then it will not
    and the only way to get it back is to open the app, at this point android gives the "App not responding" warning and I wait for maybe 30 seconds for the app
    to reappear, at which point I can press play in the app.
    If all I do is press play on the car or headphones controls then it never resumes even if I wait for several minutes.
    Hope that makes sense.

Steve
    I will report this to development to take a look into. There are known bugs with widgets and headsets that development is already working to fix.