Thread: Tap Episode action

Tap Episode action

Hi all,

I have BP v4.2.41, Android 8 on a Galaxy S7

I cannot figure out what action will happen when I tap an unplayed episode - it seems fairly random with one of the following results:
    - start playing the episode
    - show the episode notes
    - select the episode

There is small triangle on the bottom left of each episode, which works as expected, to play it. Long press on an episode selects it, also as expected. I expect a short tap to show the notes, and sometimes it does. But BP frequently gets into a mode where a short tap might do any of the three actions. A bug, perhaps?

cheers
    patrick

BeyondPod Team
    Patrick,

There are different actions for different clicking points on an episode. Clicking the title and preview description should bring up episode notes. Clicking the play icon will start playing the episode. And clicking the 3 line+ icon will add it to the playlist.

Thanks, I'm aware of those actions. My problem is that frequently, tapping on the title or preview description starts playing the episode, or selecting it, instead of showing the notes. I guess it's a bug.

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by pmstirling View Post
    Thanks, I'm aware of those actions. My problem is that frequently, tapping on the title or preview description starts playing the episode, or selecting it, instead of showing the notes. I guess it's a bug.
    Hello,

Can you please send your BeyondPod and Android Logs so that the developers can take a look to see if there are any clues in your data?

To send logs:

BP Settings>> Click Menu Overflow (3 dot icon in the top right corner of screen) >> View Logs >> Select the BeyondPod (and repeat steps for Android) Logs >> Click Menu Overflow >> Email Support.

Make sure to include a brief description of what issue you are having so we know which log to match to what bug. Thank you.