Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Play on chromecast audio not working

As of 4 days ago Chromecast has stopped working for me too. I hope it can be resolved soon. My guess is it some change to Alphabet's code.

Same problem here with the latest version of BP and the latest firmware for my second generation Chromecast. This worked up until recently and broke within the last week or two.

Kim, can you give me a contact to discuss taking BeyondPod off your hands? It's obviously not a priority for your company, and it's starting to generate some pretty negative press. Perhaps there's a good solution for everybody?

Finally this is it, I've given up on BeyondPod and moved to PocketCasts. I had tried to migrate before now, but always reverted back quickly. I still think BeyondPod is a superior architecture, for my use-case, but the lack proper maintenance is unacceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by KimW View Post
    Hello All,

Development has some core upgrades they are working on and one of which is getting the app updated with current Chromecast services. Unfortunately, I do not have an ETA from development when we can expect the release with the fixes/upgrades included. I will do my best to push this along faster.
    Back in October you said:
    Quote Originally Posted by KimW
    Development is currently in the process of moving BP to Google's new Cast V3 Framework, which renders all of our existing Chromecast code obsolete. As such, we are removing ALL of our Chromecast code from BP and implementing the new framework. We anticipate that this will be released in v4.2.42 (.41 will be nothing but bug fixes, and .42 will be strictly for Cast V3.
    So where is .42?

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Bytor View Post
    Back in October you said:

So where is .42?
    Hello,

.42 has not yet been released. They did work on Casting framework back in October but then some other core issues were noticed that needed to be updated in BeyondPod, so work was continued and .42 was not released as soon as expected. Unfortunately, I still do not have an estimated date of when to expect the release from development yet. As soon as I have that information, I will be sharing that with the users.

Let me chime in, I wanted to see if I could listen to my podcasts while working at home, doing dishes, etc. and chromecast wouldn't work. I tried on my Sony Bravia Android TV also, and it goes black and then nothing.
    I tried it from my Galaxy phone, older S5, and chromecast input opened, then black screen. Sound did play on the phone. Very odd, but I hadn't used this before. Seems there's a fix needed, per above messages.

To test Beyondpod, I grabbed the Google app for podcasts (free) and it worked just awesome. Of course, I uninstalled it and want to use BP. My audio books and podcasts live on my SD card, but I don't think that's the issue.

How will we get notified if there's a fix?

Best,
    DrWeb

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by drweb View Post
    Let me chime in, I wanted to see if I could listen to my podcasts while working at home, doing dishes, etc. and chromecast wouldn't work. I tried on my Sony Bravia Android TV also, and it goes black and then nothing.
    I tried it from my Galaxy phone, older S5, and chromecast input opened, then black screen. Sound did play on the phone. Very odd, but I hadn't used this before. Seems there's a fix needed, per above messages.

To test Beyondpod, I grabbed the Google app for podcasts (free) and it worked just awesome. Of course, I uninstalled it and want to use BP. My audio books and podcasts live on my SD card, but I don't think that's the issue.

How will we get notified if there's a fix?

Best,
    DrWeb
    Hello,

Once I have an estimated date/more information from development for a release with the fixes being worked on, I will post in the forum the information.

Thank you for the update. Seems lots of Chromecast issues, not just you.. the MLB app audio won't Chromecast either. Not sure what's up with that either.
    Appreciate the help, I rarely need to ask for help with this good app.

Throwing my hat in here. Just coming back to BeyondPod after using Google Play Music for a while and missed BeyondPod, (paid version). Pretty important feature, chromecast, is broken?