Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Play on chromecast audio not working

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by distearth View Post
    Throwing my hat in here. Just coming back to BeyondPod after using Google Play Music for a while and missed BeyondPod, (paid version). Pretty important feature, chromecast, is broken?
    The app is not up to date with Chromecast new requirements so the development team is updating the core of BeyondPod to sync those up.

Same here - just discovered this last night.

So Chromecast audio support is now gone ...
    and bluetooth audio is unstable ...

I'll admit, I just tried PocketCasts ... and hated it! Point is ... this has caused me to start looking for a BeyondPod replacement. I've been with BP since it was on Windows Mobile! Please fix these issues before I find a replacement. I am sure I am not the only one!

Just checking in on an ETA for this? Any news on your casting icon being updated so it actually works?

P.S. I love your app, but this and the fact that I can't auto back up to my Google drive etc. is a real bummer.

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by sara.janovsky@gmail.com View Post
    Just checking in on an ETA for this? Any news on your casting icon being updated so it actually works?

P.S. I love your app, but this and the fact that I can't auto back up to my Google drive etc. is a real bummer.
    Unfortunately, development has still not given an estimated date of when to expect fixes to be released. Once that information is available, it will be shared.

So, it's been what, a year now without Chromecast support? Maybe I need to think about moving to a new podcast app. Because this is just horrible.

Banned

Play on chromecast audio not working

Same here.
    it just says "loading configuration"
    I messaged other family members who use Fongo on FB and they all say the same thing. Both Android and iOS are not working.
    Status page says operational but its obviously not.

Hi everyone,

I found a work around for this casting issue. Cast your phone to the device and then play your BP podcast. I even turned off my screen and it continues to play. My hub is showing "Audio Mirroring". BUT IT'S WORKING!!! Finally something. I prefer casting to using Bluetooth is I can.

Just like everyone else here, casting is not working for me.
    Yes, casting the entire device does work, but that has other issues.
    This seems like such a vital feature, and it has been broken for so long.
    Why is it that BP has such an outrageously long dev cycle?