Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What is being done? Is anything being worked on?

What is being done? Is anything being worked on?

So, I have seen numerous threads on pausing, Android Auto, staying awake, updates not happening and stuff. This stuff has been happening since October. I would really like to know if anyone is working on this stuff. I see very little, and if you look at the reviews on the Play Store, you can see the bad reviews are piling up there as well. Is anything happening on developing fixes for these issues? I am getting a little tired of the bugs and I am seriously thinking of changing, but the pain and suffering to do so is a little big, and Beyond Pod has been great (a few hiccups here and there) until mid last year. Is there hope on the horizon, or has the development halted and you get what you get?

Thanks!

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorky_D View Post
    So, I have seen numerous threads on pausing, Android Auto, staying awake, updates not happening and stuff. This stuff has been happening since October. I would really like to know if anyone is working on this stuff. I see very little, and if you look at the reviews on the Play Store, you can see the bad reviews are piling up there as well. Is anything happening on developing fixes for these issues? I am getting a little tired of the bugs and I am seriously thinking of changing, but the pain and suffering to do so is a little big, and Beyond Pod has been great (a few hiccups here and there) until mid last year. Is there hope on the horizon, or has the development halted and you get what you get?

Thanks!
    Hello,

I understand your frustration completely. It has been a while that these bugs have been present, and we are aware of the bad feedback for the app. Development is still working on bug fixes, it's just moving slowly unfortunately. They are working on two big core issues that need to be taken care of for the app to be up to date with Google standards, as well as the in-app bugs themselves. I do not have an ETA on when to expect a new release with the fixes included at this time, but when I do get that information from development, I will share it in the forum.

I apologize for the inconvenience and the delays, I share your frustration too, but they are still working on this app.

OK, thanks for the update.

I have used BeyondPod for years and im very used to it and like it very much. But its currently very unstable and I've started to test out Podcast Addict. So far it's stable and works well. I just need to get used to its way of working with feeds/categories etc. Early days but it looks promising.

Quote Originally Posted by couplands View Post
    I have used BeyondPod for years and im very used to it and like it very much. But its currently very unstable and I've started to test out Podcast Addict. So far it's stable and works well. I just need to get used to its way of working with feeds/categories etc. Early days but it looks promising.
    I did the same with PocketCast, but the feeds/categories thing also annoyed me in that app.

Quote Originally Posted by TinCanFury View Post
    I did the same with PocketCast, but the feeds/categories thing also annoyed me in that app.
    Yeah it's unfortunate, Pockect Casts is so smooth and bug free, but setting up feeds and categories felt really alien to me at first. Once it's set up though, it's completely replaced BP for podcast playing for me.

Quote Originally Posted by phalkon30 View Post
    Yeah it's unfortunate, Pockect Casts is so smooth and bug free, but setting up feeds and categories felt really alien to me at first. Once it's set up though, it's completely replaced BP for podcast playing for me.
    were you able to mimic how BP does categories? I was never able to find a writeup on how it's filters work and kind of gave up, but if you've found you can mimic the categories paradigm I'm going to give it another go. I just can't justify continuing to use BP with Sync now broken and never good to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by TinCanFury View Post
    were you able to mimic how BP does categories? I was never able to find a writeup on how it's filters work and kind of gave up, but if you've found you can mimic the categories paradigm I'm going to give it another go. I just can't justify continuing to use BP with Sync now broken and never good to begin with.
    I think so, keep in mind PC just updated the UI so it's a bit different if you haven't used it recently. I create a filter, then at the top there are little "pills" one of which says "all your podcasts". Hit that, then select which podcasts to include in the filter. You can also set if you want things like unplayed/in progress/played, if downloaded or not, video vs audio, etc. From the filter 3 dot menu you can also set if you want it to auto download too, which only happens on

Any updates on BeyondPod development or has it all stopped...?

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by couplands View Post
    Any updates on BeyondPod development or has it all stopped...?
    Unfortunately, I do not have an estimated date yet from development of when to expect the next release; but they are currently working on/testing bug fixes.