Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What is being done? Is anything being worked on?

Quote Originally Posted by Dorky_D View Post
    So, I have seen numerous threads on pausing, Android Auto, staying awake, updates not happening and stuff. This stuff has been happening since October. I would really like to know if anyone is working on this stuff. I see very little, and if you look at the reviews on the Play Store, you can see the bad reviews are piling up there as well. Is anything happening on developing fixes for these issues? I am getting a little tired of the bugs and I am seriously thinking of changing, but the pain and suffering to do so is a little big, and Beyond Pod has been great (a few hiccups here and there) until mid last year. Is there hope on the horizon, or Tutuapp 9apps Showbox has the development halted and you get what you get?

Thanks!
    Improvement is as yet chipping away at bug fixes, it's simply moving gradually sadly
    Last edited by rossi; 05-28-2019 at 03:20 AM.

OK, thanks for the update.

__________________________________________________ _____
    Dafont Showbox Adam4adam

BeyondPod Team
    Hello,

We currently have a small group of users testing a beta build with fixes. Once any kinks are worked out, they will release to the public. Thank you.

Thanks for the update

Any word on what these fixes are? Any beta like release notes?

Release?? 1 year from last update in 11 days🙁

@KimW - when is the release happening?I paid and I'd be happy to pay more if it was doing everything that used to bug free and a little better and support it. When year will be the death knell so...

I probably should have switched already given the bugs and failures and not not responding when trying to when trying to play via Google Assistant.

Tangible news?
    1) when will it be in the beta channel?
    2) approximately when will it be released?
    3) I'd say if by October 18 you haven't released it you should pronounce beloved BeyondPod dead after 1 year of no updates. I've much appreciated the many options the configurability of variable speed including variable speed per podcast and customizations of the long presses, etc. Time for a working Podcast Player... starting to try Podcast Addict, etc.

Andreas

Quote Originally Posted by KimW View Post
    Hello,

We currently have a small group of users testing a beta build with fixes. Once any kinks are worked out, they will release to the public. Thank you.

http://www.beyondpod.mobi/android/beta/

It's in beta channel already, use at your own risk.

It's not really ready for a public beta imo. The issues with the notifications are pretty annoying and will affect every user directly. Once that's fixed I'd push it to the public beta.

There's no need for arbitrary deadlines now that something is actually being done. I'm cautiously optimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by BubiBalboa View Post
    It's not really ready for a public beta imo. The issues with the notifications are pretty annoying and will affect every user directly. Once that's fixed I'd push it to the public beta.

There's no need for arbitrary deadlines now that something is actually being done. I'm cautiously optimistic.
    You're optimistic that after a year of "development" they don't have a beta that is ready for public testing?

I'm no longer using this app for podcasting so I won't try the beta, but curious if casting is fixed in the .42 beta? It's not mentioned in the changelog, I know it was a big feature missing.