Thread: Drops Episodes from Playlist

Unhappy Drops Episodes from Playlist

I've been using BeyondPod for about four years now. I like to have a variety of podcasts available when I hike, so I normally keep 25-40 episodes on my Playlist, consisting of multiple episodes from most podcasts. (I listen to a lot of history podcasts, and need to listen to them in a certain order.) Normally this works well. But every so often, the Playlist will silently delete all of the episodes from a particular podcast. And when I (grumbling!) add them back to the Playlist, I find that any episodes from that podcast will disappear again in a day or two -- even though I have had no problem keeping multiple episodes of that podcast on the playlist for the previous couple of years.

This has happened now with at least three different podcasts over the course of the past 9 months. It may strike podcasts for which I have a particularly large number of episodes -- say 5 or more -- but I'm not sure, because it also leaves other casts alone for which I have equivalent numbers of episodes. I should emphasize that nothing else about the podcasts or my habits has changed. And I don't have them set to "mark as played." All my casts are set to the same settings, which have worked fine except for this. There really seems to be no rhyme or reason to this. It's as if the playlist decides it doesn't like that particular cast.

Can somebody help me out with this?

I had an issue with the skip to end button being enabled on the lockscreen when "delete after played" was also enabled. Randomly my phone would wake up in my pocket and the skip to end button would get mashed. I would lose episodes from 6 different feeds that were suddenly all marked as played. UGH

Personally I disabled the skip to end button and delete after played. Yes I have to manually go and delete old played episodes, but it's saved me from pocket skipping.

Another thing to consider, do you have your podcasts on an SD card? Perhaps they're being corrupted?

Quote Originally Posted by phalkon30 View Post
    I had an issue with the skip to end button being enabled on the lockscreen when "delete after played" was also enabled. Randomly my phone would wake up in my pocket and the skip to end button would get mashed. I would lose episodes from 6 different feeds that were suddenly all marked as played. UGH

Personally I disabled the skip to end button and delete after played. Yes I have to manually go and delete old played episodes, but it's saved me from pocket skipping.

Another thing to consider, do you have your podcasts on an SD card? Perhaps they're being corrupted?

Thanks for your advice! Unfortunately, that does not seem to be the cause. Anybody else know anything?

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by kwixote View Post
    Thanks for your advice! Unfortunately, that does not seem to be the cause. Anybody else know anything?
    Hello,

Please send your logs for development to take a look at your data:

To send log files, go to BP Settings>> Menu Overflow (3 dot icon in the top right corner) >> View Logs >> Choose the logs "Android" and "BeyondPod" (these steps will need to be taken for each log separately) >> Menu overflow >> Email.

Please make sure to include a brief description of your issue with each log so development knows what report to match your logs to.

Thank you, BeyondPod Team. I have sent both logs, and included a brief description that also identifies me as kwixote here. I appreciate your help!

interesting info, it is very nice for Beyondpod users.