Thread: Cannot search for a specific episode title/topic of a podcast out in public domain

Exclamation Cannot search for a specific episode title/topic of a podcast out in public domain

Hi,

I must have missed something that I am ignorant about this great App.

I just cannot search for a specific episode title/topic of a podcast out in public domain such as that would easily pop up via a google search or that by using other podcast app such as podcast republic.

Looks like in the Setting, I can only search for feeds I wish to subscribe, instead of a specific episode title/topic of a feed's archive available in public domain for which google search can hit it without qustion.

For Example:
    I subscribed 'Stuff You Should Know'
    I am interested in an old episode call 'The Golden Age of Grave Robbing'
    I would like to use BeyondPod find it in SYSK archive and play it. No way.
    I found it using 'podcast republic' or google.

Am I missing something? Please help if you have a solution. Thanks a million!

I don't think this is possible. This is a point where years of neglect start to catch up with BP unfortunately.

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by drkmwu View Post
    Hi,

I must have missed something that I am ignorant about this great App.

I just cannot search for a specific episode title/topic of a podcast out in public domain such as that would easily pop up via a google search or that by using other podcast app such as podcast republic.

Looks like in the Setting, I can only search for feeds I wish to subscribe, instead of a specific episode title/topic of a feed's archive available in public domain for which google search can hit it without qustion.

For Example:
    I subscribed 'Stuff You Should Know'
    I am interested in an old episode call 'The Golden Age of Grave Robbing'
    I would like to use BeyondPod find it in SYSK archive and play it. No way.
    I found it using 'podcast republic' or google.

Am I missing something? Please help if you have a solution. Thanks a million!
    Hello drkmwu,

You can only search for Podcast Feed Titles to subscribe to. Unfortunately, you cannot search for specific episodes in feeds at this time.