Thread: Posts from specific feed not downloading/streaming

Posts from specific feed not downloading/streaming

Hi there any idea how to resolve this issue, latest android OS, latest beyondpod (4.2.41) getting the following error in the log when trying to download any episode from a subscriber feed “SSLHandshakeException - java.security.cert.CertPathValidatorException: Trust anchor for certification path not found. -> CertificateException - java.security.cert.CertPathValidatorException: Trust anchor for certification path not found. -> CertPathValidatorException - Trust anchor for certification path not found."

Tried deleting feed then re adding both from search and from url neither worked. Feed worked fine until a few weeks ago, feed works fine on other podcast clients. All other feeds functioning normally in BP.

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by stuq1822 View Post
    Hi there any idea how to resolve this issue, latest android OS, latest beyondpod (4.2.41) getting the following error in the log when trying to download any episode from a subscriber feed “SSLHandshakeException - java.security.cert.CertPathValidatorException: Trust anchor for certification path not found. -> CertificateException - java.security.cert.CertPathValidatorException: Trust anchor for certification path not found. -> CertPathValidatorException - Trust anchor for certification path not found."

Tried deleting feed then re adding both from search and from url neither worked. Feed worked fine until a few weeks ago, feed works fine on other podcast clients. All other feeds functioning normally in BP.
    Hello,

Please provide the name and url of the feed you are having issues with.

Hi, name is “LSE: public lectures and events”.

URL is http://www.lse.ac.uk/assets/richmedi...TunesStore.xml

Similar problem - specific feed stopped downloading with Handshake error

Quote Originally Posted by KimW View Post
    Hello,

Please provide the name and url of the feed you are having issues with.

Hi Kim. I'm having a very similar problem that began May 2. I have one podcast based on a URL (it's a paid subscription.) It has stopped updating with the below error message. I have tried deleting and re-adding but get an invalid feed address error. It works on other players and is a valid link.

https://www.stephaniemiller.com/feed/rss/
    (this is not the full URL, I truncated my Member Key)

Here's the error:
    SSLHandshakeException - Chain validation failed
    -> CertificateException - Chain validation failed
    -> CertPathValidatorException - Response is unreliable: its validity interval is out-of-date
    -> CertPathValidatorException - Response is unreliable: its validity interval is out-of-date

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by stuq1822 View Post
    Hi, name is “LSE: public lectures and events”.

URL is http://www.lse.ac.uk/assets/richmedi...TunesStore.xml
    Unfortunately, we are not able to reproduce your issue with this feed. We can subscribe and download all episodes without any errors or issues. Are you still experiencing this issue with this feed?

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by normalasf View Post
    Hi Kim. I'm having a very similar problem that began May 2. I have one podcast based on a URL (it's a paid subscription.) It has stopped updating with the below error message. I have tried deleting and re-adding but get an invalid feed address error. It works on other players and is a valid link.

https://www.stephaniemiller.com/feed/rss/
    (this is not the full URL, I truncated my Member Key)

Here's the error:
    SSLHandshakeException - Chain validation failed
    -> CertificateException - Chain validation failed
    Hello,

Do you have your subscirbtion login information entered into the feed settings on BP? (Open feed>> Click 3 dot icon in the top right corner>> edit feed>> advanced settings >> Feed Authentication)

Turns out it was on the provider's side. They removed an expired plug in and my updates resumed as expected. Thanks for the follow-up!

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by normalasf View Post
    Turns out it was on the provider's side. They removed an expired plug in and my updates resumed as expected. Thanks for the follow-up!
    Glad you were able to get that worked out. Thank you for updating us!