Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Is BeyondPod dead?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    8

    Is BeyondPod dead?

    Did BeyondPod go under? There hasn't been an update in ages.

    The pausing problems that people were having in the fall of 2018 didn't hit my Samsung Note 9 until a few months ago after an Android system update. I see why so many users have left.

    I know most of us hate the release 4.x UI and miss the 3.x UI. Are they just be working on a 5.x UI that will make us happy again?

    I've been with BeyondPod since it was on Windows Mobile. I moved to Android I'm part to follow this app when they decided to cancel their Windows support.

    Please don't be dead. Please give us a new release so we can all come back. I can't find a decent replacement.

  2. #2
    BeyondPod Team
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    US
    Posts
    776
    Quote Originally Posted by adammled View Post
    Did BeyondPod go under? There hasn't been an update in ages.

    The pausing problems that people were having in the fall of 2018 didn't hit my Samsung Note 9 until a few months ago after an Android system update. I see why so many users have left.

    I know most of us hate the release 4.x UI and miss the 3.x UI. Are they just be working on a 5.x UI that will make us happy again?

    I've been with BeyondPod since it was on Windows Mobile. I moved to Android I'm part to follow this app when they decided to cancel their Windows support.

    Please don't be dead. Please give us a new release so we can all come back. I can't find a decent replacement.
    Development is currently working on multiple bug fixes however they have not yet given an estimated date of when to expect the new release with the included fixes. Once that information is available, it will be posted here on the BP Forum.

  3. #3
    Uhm, I really like the 4.x UI. It's been like that for how many years now? Why would they change that when they can't even fix bugs.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by adammled View Post
    Did BeyondPod go under? There hasn't been an update in ages.

    The pausing problems that people were having in the fall of 2018 didn't hit my Samsung Note 9 until a few months ago after an Android system update..
    Ironically, I came here to make a post with the identical title.
    With new S10 and Android updates, the pausing problem makes the app unusable. I started checking out alternatives as well and none seem to offer the sophisticated functionality of BeyondPod.
    Given how big a part of many people's live listening to podcasts has become, this is just really sad.


    (P.s., once you learn it, the 4.x UI is great.)

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon44 View Post
    Ironically, I came here to make a post with the identical title.
    With new S10 and Android updates, the pausing problem makes the app unusable. I started checking out alternatives as well and none seem to offer the sophisticated functionality of BeyondPod.
    Given how big a part of many people's live listening to podcasts has become, this is just really sad.


    (P.s., once you learn it, the 4.x UI is great.)
    Yup, me too. Seems I am not alone. It pauses by itself regularly and no other audio app does. Not Google's audio app, not BBC iPlayer or Sounds, not Audible. Just BeyondPod.

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    14
    2018 last update. All reviews on Play at 1 star. It's dead.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    227
    Quote Originally Posted by Catman51 View Post
    2018 last update. All reviews on Play at 1 star. It's dead.
    To be fair...there are some 2 star reviews too! Mainly by those of us that remember when this was actively developed and industry leading...

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    14
    I remember those days too.

  9. #9
    BeyondPod Team
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    US
    Posts
    776
    Development is still working on bug fixes.

    Here is the latest update for the constant pausing bug (which can also be found on the thread specifically for the pausing bug http://www.beyondpod.com/forum/showt...s-constantly):



    After some research, this seems to be a universal problem with samsung devices:

    https://community.soundcloud.com/and...ndroid-7354101

    https://community.spotify.com/t5/And...1334731#M58553

    https://stackoverflow.com/questions/...sung-galaxy-s3


    Development has suggested that it might be worth following some of the troubleshooting steps other companies have given for Samsung users, and seeing if they resolve any of these issues. However; they are still concerned, because a large number of users seem to have claimed that these issues started after a particular update to BeyondPod. It's likely that there could be multiple causes for this bug so development is still working through to find a specific cause in BeyondPod that may be contributing to the issue.
    Last edited by KimW; 05-01-2019 at 09:25 AM. Reason: fixed links

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    227
    Kim, none of those links work, but I understand your point.

    For what it's worth when I was using this as a podcast player on my Nexus 6P and Pixel 2XL I had pausing issues. Neither are Samsung devices. In the thread you linked to on these forums the original poster and at least one other person are using non-Samsung devices.

    I would suggest anyone that has pausing issues (Samsung or other) to try the old .18 release, if it works without pausing you can eliminate the phone as the problem.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •