Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: It's been 8 months since the last release

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by datakid View Post
    Thanks for the prompt reply @kimw ! Attachment 829

I'm on a Pixel 3a, fully up to date running the OS that came with it (Google's version of Android, v10, update level 1 Jan 2020) using Beyondpod v4.2.41
    When was the last time you saw the "+" (add to playlist) icon? Did you do any sort of update or make any changes before the icon disappeared for you?

It would have been on the morning of the 20200117. I literally use beyondpod daily. I would have used it on my commute to and from work. If not then I would have seen it the night before 20200116. I definitely updated the OS on 20200111 and wouldn't have updated the apps since late December 2019.

That's why I'm here - I didn't do anything that I would know about (I think) except subscribe to a new podcast. I barely spend time in the settings, although recently I was playing around with the default number of podcast that would be downloaded for one particular feed.

BeyondPod Team
    Are there any other users on this thread that have a Pixel device and/or Android's latest version that are not seeing the "+ Add to Playlist" icon in BeyondPod?

@datakid, this is not something we took out of the BeyondPod UI so I'm wondering if the device/Android version may be affecting this somehow? Hopefully we can get some insight from other users that may help us figure this out for you.

Kimw, I am so sorry - this is all my fault and I don't know how it happened, but it's fixed now. I tried rebooting the phone (doesn't happen very often) and that didn't work. I thought I might try the sync feature so I could uninstall and reinstall and when looking for that I discovered "compact cards". Which was selected. When I deselected compact cards, the + Add to playlist returned.

Apologies!

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by datakid View Post
    Kimw, I am so sorry - this is all my fault and I don't know how it happened, but it's fixed now. I tried rebooting the phone (doesn't happen very often) and that didn't work. I thought I might try the sync feature so I could uninstall and reinstall and when looking for that I discovered "compact cards". Which was selected. When I deselected compact cards, the + Add to playlist returned.

Apologies!
    That's okay! I'm glad the icon is there for you again.

BeyondPod Team
    Hello All,

I wanted to give the latest update to you all. We will not be releasing a BETA version today as we had hoped for. As mentioned in my previous statements, we were planning for end of January to release, but that was pending any hang-ups in testing. Unfortunately, there were some issues found in testing that just won't be fixed by end of today.

Good news is, a lot of bugs have been confirmed as fixed and are ready, however the Chrome-casting bug, although now working (yay!), there is some new behavior that is not quite perfect and we do not want to push a BETA version without fixing those as well. We are hoping that we can get everything completely working as it should by end of next week and that we do not run into any further hang-ups. The development team will continue to work as quick as possible, but not sacrifice a quality release.

Sorry for the additional delay. I know everyone has been waiting longer than they should have for a new, working update. We are so so close so just hang on tight a tiny bit longer. I will keep everyone updated with any new information I may get from the team. Thank you all for your continued patience.

BeyondPod Team
    BETA version 4.3.0 is now available on our BETA Channel.